Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-2014-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t237721.html)

CindyA 01-15-2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by musicaljan (Post 6513955)
But I made him chocolate chip cookies for his lunch. That might've been one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I didn't even lick the beater.

Now that's dedication!! Not sure I would've been able to resist.

I keep getting in to chocolate, still have some here at home and some floating around at work. But I tapered off today, and brought some raw veges to snack on, which helped.

zennia 01-16-2014 05:57 AM

musicaljan congratulations on your loss.
I need someone to come over and kick start me. I lost 6 lbs. and now I stopped. This is what always happens then I give up. I am pre diabetic so follow a diabetic diet. I honestly don't know what to try. I won't gain but I won't loose either. So frustrating.
On a good note i went to the above link and found a recipe I was looking for the other night. Going back to look for more ideas.

createfourpaws 01-16-2014 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by zennia (Post 6515649)
musicaljan congratulations on your loss.
I need someone to come over and kick start me. I lost 6 lbs. and now I stopped. This is what always happens then I give up. I am pre diabetic so follow a diabetic diet. I honestly don't know what to try. I won't gain but I won't loose either. So frustrating.
On a good note i went to the above link and found a recipe I was looking for the other night. Going back to look for more ideas.

Sometimes when we hit a plateau like you are talking about you need to change up a bit of what you are eating. Here is part of the article I found, you can go to the link to see everything. Don't get discouraged or frustrated it is how our bodies function

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/w...-plateaus.html

Change Your Eating Habits

You've been eating the right foods and the right portions. You are counting your calories and tracking the foods you eat. Yet you have still hit a few weight loss plateaus and the pounds are no longer falling off.
Just like with exercising now is the time to make some changes.

If you have been eating 3 meals a day try breaking these into 5 or 6 smaller meals throughout the day.

Eating smaller meals more often keeps your metabolism revved up to burn more calories.

Try altering the snacks and foods as well. If you usually have a yogurt as a snack try a high protein snack instead.

Try adding a bit more protein and less carbs to your meals.

It's also time to adjust your calorie intake. As you lose weight the amount of calories you need is less.

So double check your calorie intake for weight loss. Use this free weight loss calculator to redetermine your calorie needs.

[h=2]Don't Diet[/h]For this tip on get over weight loss plateaus you may be saying that I'm crazy. You are probably thinking, I'm trying to lose weight so of course I'm dieting.

Well this tip is all about the way you think about losing weight. A weight loss plan implies life long changes and not just short term adjustments.

Whereas a diet implies a short term temporary situation. So when I say don't diet, I mean don't think short term.

Instead, make it a lifestyle change.

Think of your weight loss in the long term and change your habits from "dieting" to eating healthy.

Perhaps now is the time to relax and let your body adjust to your new metabolism and weight.

Don't worry about losing that next pound but instead take it easy for a week or so.

Then get back to tracking your calories and your foods.

By relaxing a bit will often get you past those weight loss plateaus.

[h=2]Mix Up Your Calories[/h]One way to overcome weight loss plateaus is to confuse your metabolism. To do this, you are going to mix up the calories.

So, instead of tracking your daily calories try tracking them for the week.

Alter your calorie intake daily to keep your body guessing.

What do I mean by this? Well on one day eat a few hundred calories less than your normal intake.

Then the next day eat a few hundred more calories.

This zig-zagging, or calorie shifting is a method that just may push you past your plateau. It's a way to keep your metabolism guessing which in turn should keep it working to burn calories.

Just make sure your weekly total does not exceed your calorie intake for weight loss.

[h=2]Track and Record[/h]Often when people start to see success in their weight loss they relax a bit on measuring, tracking and recording.

Although it is not necessary to trweight loss plateaus. Maybe you think you are consuming the right amount of calories and burning the right amount of calories.

However, if you are not tracking and recording this you are just assuming and guessing at the numbers.

So double check you have everything right and go back to recording your calories.

Track both what you eat in terms of calories and how much you are exercising and burning.

Even if it's just for a few weeks to get you past the plateau in weight loss and back to losing weight.

Try adding some of these metabolism booster foods to get past your weight loss plateaus.

createfourpaws 01-17-2014 10:13 AM

Today's tip:

Trying to eat healthy while eating out can be a challenge. Make it easier with simple swaps. Ask for whole-wheat bread on your sandwich at lunch or add steamed vegetables to pasta at dinner. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/<wbr>weight-management-calories/<wbr>weight-management/better-<wbr>choices/eating-out.html

createfourpaws 01-17-2014 10:14 AM

FQ's received from

Bilben 3 months
Teddybear Lady - 3 months

Maggiemay 01-17-2014 10:21 AM

Thanks for all of the tips Cindy. Some great info there.

Congrats on your impressive loss Musicaljan! This week I've been concentrating on less carbs & starch & more protein. Also I've been drinking more water.

nancia 01-17-2014 12:13 PM

Discovered a fun blog site that had a single serving chocolate chip cookie, or brownie. Easy to make by or for a kid, or a dh. Cookies, cupcakes and cardio. Enjoy!

haven't sent my fq's. What are the three i need to send?

createfourpaws 01-17-2014 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 6518186)
Discovered a fun blog site that had a single serving chocolate chip cookie, or brownie. Easy to make by or for a kid, or a dh. Cookies, cupcakes and cardio. Enjoy!

haven't sent my fq's. What are the three i need to send?

Black/white
Brights
batiks

for the 3 months

QuilterMomma 01-17-2014 03:05 PM

Friday Funny

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...12208301_n.jpg

QuilterMomma 01-17-2014 03:07 PM

Just have to share, I got a new puppy, her name is JC and she is pointer/lab retriever cross. she is only 8 weeks old. God thing here because her birthday is 11/22/13, and we lost Jasper 11/23/13, and he was born on the 22nd as well as my 18 year old daughter. Something special about that date.
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...52831503_n.jpg