Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January weight loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-weight-loss-t258875.html)

CindyA 01-20-2015 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by meganc731 (Post 7053878)

Pat- glad you got the FQ's! I've been eyeing that orange in my LQS for awhile :D was happy I got a chance to buy it! Also I used to be able to post pictures from my phone just fine but recently I can't. I can only do it from my iPad :/

I'm still having trouble. :( I hate not being able to post pics. I was going to try and resize my pictures, but have no idea how to do it.

I had yoga last night and it was "all about twists." I left feeling SO much better. She said to make sure we drink lots of water to flush out the toxins. Luckily, today is a bit warmer here, so drinking enough water should be easy. We also got bad news, the owner is selling. If they don't find a buyer they are going to close. :(:(

We ordered Chinese carry out a couple of nights ago. The new restaurant near me has a Healthy Meals section so I ordered steamed chicken and mixed veges with sauce on the side. It was really good and I only used a little of the sauce. There was enough food that I've had it for leftovers and there is still enough for today's lunch.

Healthy choices today everyone!

Pam H 01-20-2015 06:21 AM

This is my last full day in Florida. Not walking as much as I had hoped because we have been pretty busy. When we take my mom and aunt places they walk super slow so it probably doesn't count toward exercise. Eating has been so-so. I got to eat at Jason's Deli for my birthday so I had their awesome salad bar. That's one of the things I miss most since we sold our house in Austin 2 1/2 years ago.

meanmom 01-20-2015 12:17 PM

I am in charge of coming up with ideas for my quilt guild officer challenge this year. I found something on Pinterest that I liked. It leads back to a blog. There isn't a pattern or link to a pattern. Does anyone know if it is legal for me to make a pattern from this and pass it out. It is all half square triangles and it is just the color placement that makes the design.

Mary Christine 01-20-2015 08:10 PM

Jim's Gem - what a beautiful name for that precious baby! There's nothing like being a grandma, is there? I have 3 grandsons and only 1 granddaughter. I've made a quilt for her - only thing left to do is put the binding on. I've started a quilt for my oldest grandson and picked up fabric and a pattern for the second oldest. I guess the youngest is going to have to wait for a while!
Mean Mom - hope you're feeling better. The quilting group I belong to (we are not a formal guild) is making a raffle quilt from Fat Quarter Frenzy called Kansas Troubles. We're planning our second annual quilt camp and show for August. Lots of work, but lots of fun as well.
I have not lost a pound this month. I try to be mindful of what I eat, but I have not been exercising. (I know - my bad!) My downfall is carbs, and especially desserts. Don't know if I can live without 'em!

PenniF 01-21-2015 04:32 AM

Pat..the FQs went in the mail yesterday...forgot no mail on Monday...so you should have them in a couple days.
Off to the hospital now....hand surgery in about 3 hours. Fingers crossed - no pun intended - that all comes out well and i can look forward to using it like i used to.
Have a great week everyone !!! Welcome to the world to Annabelle !!!

meanmom 01-22-2015 08:00 PM

Penni I hope the surgery goes well. Saying a prayer for the dr and fast healing.

Pam H 01-22-2015 09:19 PM

PenniF, I hope you are recovering nicely and not in pain.
Pat, did you get my fq's? I mailed them a week ago.

meanmom 01-23-2015 04:50 PM

Yes Pam I received your FQ I thought I posted it, sorry. I have FQ form Leann, Megan,KimmerB,Pete, Mary Christine, CindyA, Raggiemom, Pam and Jims Gem.
I thought i posted this a few days ago. I wonder where I posted it? Can I claim temporary insanity from stress?

Pam H 01-23-2015 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 7060779)
Yes Pam I received your FQ I thought I posted it, sorry. I have FQ form Leann, Megan,KimmerB,Pete, Mary Christine, CindyA, Raggiemom, Pam and Jims Gem.
I thought i posted this a few days ago. I wonder where I posted it? Can I claim temporary insanity from stress?

You did post it a while back but I had not sent mine yet. :D :D :D

meanmom 01-24-2015 01:50 PM

I received FQ today from PenniF for 3 months. There are some really pretty FQ here we had all better get to work and behave ourselves. I went to the LQS today, I forgot they were having a 20% off sale for LQS day. I needed one more fabric for my mystery quilt. I neede 5 fabrics and of course I could only match up 4 from my stash. I am working on a snowman quilt and needed a little bit more of white on white for that. ( or I could behave myself and win the January fabric) Not a chance of that. The book came in for the class I am teaching sometime next year as a BOM. It is JAybird quilts Gravity quilt. I can't wait to get started on it. The fabric kit won't be in until Feb 3rd. I love it, hope it isn't too awful to make. Lots of triangles and hexagons.
I weighed in this morning, I gained 1 of the 2.5 pounds I lost last week. Could be the pizza I had last night.