Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/july-2012-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t193302.html)

irishrose 07-14-2012 06:49 AM

Nancia, you can say whatever you want. I appreciate honesty. I came to terms with this two years ago when Robert needed transportation downstate for thyroid surgery. At first, I laughed at him then I remembered I take in stray dogs and would transport anyone if asked by the right person. So I agreed, not because I have any feelings for him, but because I owe him for the 38 good years - he was a wonderful husband and father before he let his gambling get out of control - and for my five wonderful children. It's been made clear to Bob that any romantic gestures will result in his being left at the side of the road. 42 years of marriage and care taking becomes a habit. Right now with the cancer reoccurring, he needs help with decisions - I decided yesterday to have the freezing surgery. Almost non invasive and the freezing blows the cancer up - I like that picture. It's not okay for him to call me about every little thing, but that should stop soon if a certain home health care provider gets her head on straight. I've had her written up once and #2 is coming up.

Pam, I sold my houses myself so I didn't have to play the offer game. I simply told callers I wasn't selling a used car and the price was firm. You can't do that long distance. We put a for sale on the big oak tree in the front yard in Grand Blanc and some person came to the door wanting to buy the tree. :D BTW, I was positive daughter #4 was having a girl - I couldn't picture my little blondie with a boy - hah! Over nine pounds of healthy boy arrived. Then she had another, but no more. She had a heart attack at 27 weeks with the last one. Thank goodness, she is fine and so is Michael.

I'm enjoying my quiet house today though I have a lot to do get ready for my part of the open house. The first thing is to go see if the community room is clean. The girls cleaned my grill and outdoor furniture before they left yesterday. D will pick it up in the morning. Then I need to straighten my house in case any of my brothers or sisters stop in. Megan brought way too much so I had her just pack a overnight bag to go to her dad's house. He and wife will have enough to transport with three teens plus food and decorations for the party.

I have been very concerned about MJ (purplemen). The doggies and I have done our prayer list this morning, but we'll gladly add her. I'm sorry to hear her husband is ill, too.

Fresh green beans sound so good. I think I'll go to the farm market so I can make a GB salad tomorrow. The Farmer's Market had them yesterday, but the prices were terrible and mine aren't ready yet.

I'll check in later when I need a break. Meanwhile, I'm thinking good thoughts for all of you and eating clean and walking the dogs (in the rain).
Judy

brenda21 07-14-2012 04:28 PM

Everose~I like the way the braids on the Christmas quilt turned out and I really like the spiral table runner!

Everose 07-14-2012 05:58 PM

Thanks Brenda! I am pretty pleased with the "Santa's Galore" (at least that's what I think I will call it). The spiral photo didn't do it justice. But I'm not happy with the binding yet. Will have to think about the next one, which I might get to start tomorrow.

Going to be part of the sewing/quilting thread tomorrow, so planning in my mind the things I want to get done.

Have a great weekend!!! Be good to You.

Vanogay 07-15-2012 01:52 PM

Out to lunch today at Mimi's - a nice restaurant in Knoxville. We had one in Colorado Springs when we lived there, but none where we now live. Have to travel to get to this one. While we were there, though, went to Joann's and got some small items to use in a swap. Dinner - when I finally do eat will be cottage cheese and jello. Didn't really pig out at lunch, just had more than I would normally eat with soup and main course. Have a few weeks to go and am trying to achieve the same loss as last month - 5#. We'll see.

Pam 304 07-15-2012 05:03 PM

BOM/Mystery Christmas in July quilt
Here is the link: http://justquiltin.wordpress.com/blo...-town-sampler/

The border looks like a town. Lots of work but I really like the quilt. 3 blocks a month so you will need to go to all the sites and print the pattern or directions.
Pam S

Pam H 07-15-2012 06:05 PM

Pam, the quilt looks interesting. It seems a little confusing to get to the patterns and then you have to remember to go check each of the 4 blogs each month. I might print out the patterns but I doubt I would get it made before Christmas. We'll see. If I planned on it being a Christmas gift for someone I would probably get it done.
I finally got an album made with my Ireland pictures. Here's the link for the quilt album.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=83a0c91aff

Pam H 07-16-2012 07:50 AM

For those of you who have trouble drinking enough water, maybe this idea will be helpful.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/wp-...er-bottles.jpg

Pam 304 07-17-2012 08:48 AM

Taboo Tues. This week no fried foods.
Pam S

irishrose 07-17-2012 09:10 AM

Hi, Pam. This one will be easy. BTW, I bought fresh green beans and lightly cooked them for a Mediterrianian type salad. It was delicious.

I've started the quilt for GD's deployment, but it's hard to find time to work on it. I still have two house guests. I made my first GFG flower by hand yesterday in a hospital waiting room. It's not too bad, but I'm thinking of switching to yo-yos.

My weight is going down slowly, not up like the last several months, so there is hope on that front.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy

nancia 07-17-2012 09:22 AM

now that i am back on the pain pills i realize i haven't sent any fqs for a while. guess i think better when i'm drug addled! lol. i would rotflmao, but i would never get up again! i promise to mend my evil ways soon:D as possible. hopefully i will be romping and stomping tomorrow! fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes crossed! i am on a liquid diet today to counteract the sluggishness dilaudid causes. how wrong can i go? and the very best part, none of the beverages is fried! lol, i'm cracking myself up, guess i'd better get off the pc before i embarrass myself. have a good day/night and i will see you tomorrow!:o