Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t126896.html)

scrapngmom 05-31-2011 08:53 AM

I'm back for the month of June. Can't wait to find out who won for May. I don't have any pastel fat quarters, can I send another color without getting into trouble?

karen

irishrose 05-31-2011 09:21 AM

Rita's mom, Blue dog would love to go for a walk every day. You can vary the intensity to get a better workout - a short stint of intense walking (very short for me) alternated with regular walking. Research showed that that mode of walking burned more calories than just brisk walking. Go figure.

lauriejo 05-31-2011 10:19 AM

I know I don't post very often, but I'm back in for June. I've got a family reunion coming in July and I would really like to fit in my nice shorts by then.

Leann 05-31-2011 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Yes, you can participate. If you win, I'll have everyone send the FQ to me and I'll put it all in one box to mail. Not as fun as getting one just about every day of the month, but satisfying none the less.

Welcome aboard! Where are you in Europe?

MJ, I think this is a great idea regardless of where the winner lives. It would push people like me to get my FQ in the mail cuz I know you would be watching.

I have sent all 4 of my FQs since joining, altho Sandy's is the only one I sent in a timely manner.

We could send you stamps or FQs to help you with postage.

skaduzy 05-31-2011 11:53 AM

Sign me up for June. Maybe it will be hot and sunny and then I won't want to eat!

Xylie55 05-31-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
i'm in! if everyone is willing to contribute to the cost of a round trip ticket, i'm willing to carry the fabric across the pond if they win. LOL ;). of course, i'd almost rather win myself. tee hee hee!

LOL! Me too.

createfourpaws 05-31-2011 11:54 AM

Count me in. I will keep lossing this weight. lost 3 lbs in may want to lose more..........lots more

Xylie55 05-31-2011 11:57 AM

Still have more to go.Sent pm of both weight loss,and starting weight for June. 7 pounds lost for may, and 168 start up for june.Thanks MJ. 18 pounds away from losing 100 pounds.Started at 250. pounds 3 1/2 yrs ago.

scrapngmom 05-31-2011 12:09 PM

Congratulations on the weight loss. I am at your starting weight now and you give me hope that I can lose that amount.

Karen

Xylie55 05-31-2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Congratulations on the weight loss. I am at your starting weight now and you give me hope that I can lose that amount.

Karen

Yes,it is proof,it CAN be done with out pills,or surgery.Even 2 or 3 pounds a month is good,as long as I keep it off,is all I care about.I know lots of people who lose weight,but they never keep it off,and gain it all back and then some.So,my focus has been small chunks at a time, {5 pounds at a time} and keeping it off,no matter how or what I have to do or cut back to do it.And it's working.Let's go for the 1st 5 pounds this month of the new weight loss challenge.In fact I'm challenging ALL you on here to a 5 pound dual!GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.And welcome to all our new weight loss losers.Together we can do it.