Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t126896.html)

quilthappygail 06-13-2011 01:58 PM

Wwelcome lovingquilt4all glad to have you. You will find a lot of chit chat about our journeys and how to help each other over the rough spots. I weigh myself tomorrow so I hope to see a loss of some kind. I'm at 4# so far this month so I'm happy but still am working for more. MJ so nice that you had your DH and friends to be with this weekend.
Just came in from working in the backyard cleaning out our Koi pond. It hasn't been done in about 18 months so really needed it. I think I lost a quart of sweat in the 90 deg+ heat and no shade around the pond. It's not big but still takes some time to do the job. The koi are very happy that we are no longer bothering them. Well when I cool down I'll try a little sewing on the new kids quilt i'm working on .
Have a successful day.
Gail

JHolm 06-13-2011 02:06 PM

Just a short note as my computer has been acting up. Welcome newcomer, we're happy to have you.

I had a better day today than yesterday. I stayed within my calorie limit, did water aerobics for an hour and walked a mile. It felt good to be back on track. Yesterday was the first time I went over my calorie limit since I started this.

Everyone have a nice night. Hope I can check in tomorrow.

irishrose 06-13-2011 03:09 PM

Jeanne, there are people who know about such things that feel going over on calories on a regular basis is beneficial to weight loss. It keeps your body from going into starvation mode and needing fewer calories.

I am out of it today. I tried to increase my medication again. It isn't going to happen. This is the third time I've tried and the third time I've reacted. I will stay on my small dose and be thankful that it is helping. I have never been drunk or high in my life except a codeine reaction years ago, but this must be what it feels like. I tried to replace the handles on the dressing table I was working on. I couldn't get that screwdriver within a 1/4" of the head of the screw. My son called and needed Mapquest help. That was a trip. He's in Chicago traffic and I couldn't remember how to spell a simple word. Poor kid - his phone wouldn't connect to Mapquest and his mother was intoxicated. He (we) finally made it.

I think my dinner will be very simple. Exercise will be walking the dogs on known routes - not into the woods. Today was the day I was going to restart the TV exercise program, but that didn't happen.

Hope y'all are having a good day.

Leann 06-13-2011 03:27 PM

Oh Irish, sorry to laugh at your expense but your story made me laugh. I can so relate, I am not very drug tolerant. Thankfully, I have keepers.

Like others, my weight is down this week. I also had the pleasant surprise of my cholesterol from my blood donation 2 weeks ago. I had thought it was 247 when it is actually 178 and a non-fasting reading at that. This meal plan is wonderful to me.

Back to work. Still things on my DO list.

Hugs.

irishrose 06-13-2011 03:44 PM

It's okay. Lynne, I think it's funny, too. I know what caused it, I know it will end and I don't think it will be four days this time. I don't like changing plans - I need a few things from the store, but there's no way I'm driving. My son called again. Got him through the next leg of his trip without any blank moments. Woohoo!

Cholesterol numbers like that would enough reason to go on your 17 day diet. I'm glad you've found what works for you.

purplemem 06-14-2011 03:25 AM

Good morning!
I've been up most the night, my bosses all work in the opposite time zones...Pakistan, Armenia, Australia, and Japan. It makes me sleep short nights. (yawn)

I'll go to bed in a little while. I have 2 or 3 more projects to finish.

I started quilting again! Sunday's visit really inspired me. Last night I cut out a 30inch wall quilt, sewed it together, basted it and hand quilted about 1/4 of it! That was great!

I am so grateful for more energy!

Today is very foggy, I can barely see out the front door. Would love to see this over the Smokeys.

I have a new puppy, her name is Lulu! I will have a new avatar later today with her in it. She was abandoned and (of course) I rescued her. DH said no but she licked him and then he was a goner! (She's a chihuahua)

I think I may be down a pound. I haven't weighed since the day I came home from the hospital, but on that day I had lost 7...that I gained the two days before.
This might be a "real" loss.

Journal: What good thing is going to happen today for you?

Motivation: I AM LOSING.

Quilting: You are so beautiful to me...
finish the sentence in fabric and thread.

Hugs,
MJ

pnptrapp 06-14-2011 04:36 AM

Weighed in this morning and I'm down 2.5 lbs! YAHOO! That makes a total of 3.1 lbs so far this month! Finally starting to get back into the weight loss instead of platue! Gotta get creative to keep it up. Thinking I'll be utilizing the gym at school now even though I won't be able to renew sessions with Bill.

Rhonda, my workout buddy, will be over later tonight so we'll get some cardio in. Going to get some core exercises in before that! Gotta do a little cleaning in the house today!

JHolm 06-14-2011 05:00 AM

MJ - Congrats on your new little friend. Can hardly wait to see her picture.

I've been swimming for 30 minutes already this morning so I got some exercise in for today.

Have a good day!

lawsonmugs 06-14-2011 07:27 AM

I'm glad those of you that have been in limbo have started moving the scales downward. I was wondering if missy will be letting us know when she recieves the fat quarters. or is there a list somewhere? I didn't send mine with confirmation seemed silly.I don't want her to not recieve it and think it wasn't sent.hope this makes sense.I would like to see all the fq's when she recieved all of them.I love looking at fabric. Everybody have a good day. Mary

lovingquilts4all 06-14-2011 07:58 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for all your welcoming messages, they really made my day! I like the idea of calling me "lovingq". The only reason my "name" is so long is the others were taken. Well, I was up .5 lbs this AM buts with all your focus and support, I know that will change. It is great to have other women with similar interests to talk with. Have a successful day!