Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t126896.html)

MissyGirl 06-14-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Lulu? How cute.

Missy, I haven't forgotten either. I just am so indecisive, I can't choose one.

Went to dinner at Herradura's - the local SW restraurant owned by a Guatamalan family. Almost everything is good there. My daughter had ice cream on the way home, but I resisted. Home made Butter Pecan was calling my name, but it will still be there when I am finished losing these pounds.

I AM losing weiight.

Oh no problem at all! Guatamalan food sounds soo yummy but like you said...it will be there when the pounds are off! I love that saying. I think I am going to say that all the time now.

:)

Missy

purplemem 06-14-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Originally Posted by irishrose
Lulu? How cute.

Missy, I haven't forgotten either. I just am so indecisive, I can't choose one.

Went to dinner at Herradura's - the local SW restraurant owned by a Guatamalan family. Almost everything is good there. My daughter had ice cream on the way home, but I resisted. Home made Butter Pecan was calling my name, but it will still be there when I am finished losing these pounds.

I AM losing weiight.

Oh no problem at all! Guatamalan food sounds soo yummy but like you said...it will be there when the pounds are off! I love that saying. I think I am going to say that all the time now.

:)

Missy

I like that too,
IT WILL BE THERE WHEN THE POUNDS ARE OFF!
thanks,
MJ

lawsonmugs 06-14-2011 04:22 PM

Missy maybe you can spread out all the fq when everyone is done sending them and that way we can all see them. If it is not trouble.MJ Lulu is such a cute name.I had a cow named Lulu.I know your not suppose to name them but we always gentle them down so we can pet them and they love it. Have a good evening everyone.Oh yeah If you have a garden with zuchini in it here is a good way to fix it. Cut 1 in half crosswise. Then I slice off a thin slice of skin from 2 opposite sides. then slice what is left in 1/4-1/2" long slices. spray a pan with Pam slow cook the squash with onion and garlic powder. and brown it until it gets tender .when done sprinkle a tiny bit of fresh parmesian on it.Hope this is easy to follow. Mary

MissyGirl 06-14-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Missy maybe you can spread out all the fq when everyone is done sending them and that way we can all see them. If it is not trouble.MJ Lulu is such a cute name.I had a cow named Lulu.I know your not suppose to name them but we always gentle them down so we can pet them and they love it. Have a good evening everyone.Oh yeah If you have a garden with zuchini in it here is a good way to fix it. Cut 1 in half crosswise. Then I slice off a thin slice of skin from 2 opposite sides. then slice what is left in 1/4-1/2" long slices. spray a pan with Pam slow cook the squash with onion and garlic powder. and brown it until it gets tender .when done sprinkle a tiny bit of fresh parmesian on it.Hope this is easy to follow. Mary

Oh Mary that is a great idea...I think to see all of them together would be awesome! Oooh that zucchini sounds soo yummy!!

I am so going to try that recipe!

Missy

lawsonmugs 06-14-2011 04:38 PM

i hope you post a picture for all of us to see.Thanks and I think it is a good and fast recipe.I make 1 zuchinni for my husband and I.I try to have a little left for the next day.Enjoy Mary

MissyGirl 06-14-2011 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
i hope you post a picture for all of us to see.Thanks and I think it is a good and fast recipe.I make 1 zuchinni for my husband and I.I try to have a little left for the next day.Enjoy Mary

I will definitely post a picture!

Missy

createfourpaws 06-14-2011 05:02 PM

I have been working all weekend and today went and hung out at the pool to start my tan before going to the beach next month.

Haven't done much quilting lately. Still trying to get my sewing area organized. I am almost there.

I finished my steroid dose pack yesterday. I hope to when I weigh tomorrow I dont show a weight gain.

Welcome to the new comers. Good luck with your weight loss.

Fabricnut 06-14-2011 06:54 PM

Well surprisingly I did lose 1 lb this past week. I just can't seem to get into the groove for losing. Why is it so hard?? One day at a time as they say in OA. So will try again this week.

purplemem 06-14-2011 07:53 PM

It is hard because we are changing our habits, and changing is always a hard thing.

It is also hard because our bodies are used to this extra fuel and it doesn't want to change either.

Keep it up, slow and steady!

nancia 06-14-2011 10:20 PM

here's my deal-- i usually get up sometime around noon to 4pm, typically going to bed any where from 4am-7or 8am. having an upside down life means i can't use the usual times-- like don't eat after 8 for example. i try to pay attention to my real hunger (not the lonely hunger, bored hunger, and other emotional hungers) as cues when to make a meal or have a snack. i try to wait a minimum of 4 hrs, before having another bit of food. does anyone else have this sort of challenge? how do you deal with it?
p.s. i am losing!