Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   just a little vent (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-little-vent-t47943.html)

sharon b 06-01-2010 11:17 AM

I agree better here. Get it out of your system . I can relate to your disappointment, and maybe Dad didn't realize that you needed the help at the moment since sis is getting a divorce , he thinks she needs him more. Not fair.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Pam 06-01-2010 11:46 AM

My Grandmother died when I was in grade school. After I went to Jr High and I had a different bus, I stopped to visit my Grandpa every afternoon. At least an hour, he taught me cribbage and we talked and laughed.

I did not know anyone noticed, I did it for myself as much as anyone. After he died and we were cleaning out the house, my aunt, (who visited only on Christmas Eve)wanted the treadle sewing machine. My Dad stepped and stopped her told her it was mine, I was the one who visited him daily, I was getting the machine. I still have it and am planning on cleaning it up and learn to use it. Moral to the story: Someone IS noticing.

Gramof6 06-01-2010 12:15 PM

I'm so sorry but I totally understand your feelings. Being the oldest then having 2 younger brothers, it is me who does for the parents. The middle child has caused the most heartache & heart break for the parents but he is the golden child & always will be. I just do what my heart says is right & keep on doing for them even though I get the short end of ever stick where they are concerned. Just remember that you do know what is right & how you would want your kids treating you. I like to think that what goes around, comes around. Life is far from fair at times. We care for you here. So vent anytime.

CarrieAnne 06-01-2010 12:26 PM

Hugs! We're here for you!

QuiltingGrannie 06-01-2010 12:35 PM

Feel free to vent here anytime. Families can be real funny sometimes. So sorry you are going through this.

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family. In a perfect world all our family would be our best friends, but instead there are times when our friends are more of a family to us than our own family members.

And we chose you!
:thumbup:

Chin up!

craftybear 06-01-2010 12:38 PM

oh my you take care of yourself, I understand

Born2Sew 06-01-2010 12:46 PM

My hubby is one of six children. I completely understand where you are coming from in this regard. I am an only child, and always wanted siblings. After seeing what has happened in his family, I'm thankful to be an only child.

I am sorry that you have been hurt like this. I'm sure your Dad didn't fully realize what this would do to you.
Hugs...

littlehud 06-01-2010 01:42 PM

Thanks to all of you. It really helps. My dad just called and said he was thinking about it and realized if I asked to buy his mower I must really need it. He said he won't sell me the mower but will let me take it to my house and use it as long as I need it. I feel so much better now. Thanks for all your support. You are the greatest.

soniboo 06-01-2010 01:50 PM

Glad it turned out well for you. (((hugz)))

sewgull 06-01-2010 03:09 PM

God knows what's in your heart. Be there for your Dad.
Remember your children learn from you. We have families that have the "Golden" child. We all care for you.