Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   just a little vent (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-little-vent-t47943.html)

zyxquilts 06-02-2010 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Feel free to vent here anytime. Families can be real funny sometimes. So sorry you are going through this.
You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family. In a perfect world all our family would be our best friends, but instead there are times when our friends are more of a family to us than our own family members.
And we chose you!
:thumbup:
Chin up!

What she said!!
I'm so glad your Dad called you back :D ((((((((hugs))))))))

Gramof6 06-02-2010 11:05 AM

I am so glad that your Dad did call you. That is way more than mine would have done. For this be very thankful. Just keep on doing what you feel in your heart to be right. You only have to answer for what you do. We are here for each other, anytime.

I agree, we cannot pick our family but we can pick our friends. And many times it is our cyber-friends that we feel most close to. You people are great people! Thank You!

amma 06-02-2010 02:40 PM

So very sorry!!! (((HUGS)))

Jingle 06-02-2010 06:40 PM

I know just how you feel. Do things the way you think you should, so that you will have no regrets in years to come. Others will get their pay backs. Hugs to you and everyone else that has and/or going throught this sort of thing. You are all good people for not treating them the way they are treating you.

RedGarnet222 06-02-2010 06:51 PM

Don't get tired of doing good for your family. I know they are a pain sometimes but, it is not the things you did that you regret, it is the things you didn't do that haunt you.
I am glad your dad is considering giving you the lawn mower, how else is he going to get his lawn mowed? LOL! I am kidding. Sorry... I sometimes have a sick sense of humor. But, I am harmless, honest!

quiltykim 06-05-2010 07:37 PM

I think that spendng time with your father is something you will never regret; you clearly care for others and have compassion and it is so unfair that this does not come back to you. Glad you have your quilting friends :) Hugs to you

no1jan 06-09-2010 05:07 AM

Hugs!!!

Family can be either a joy or a pain. I have family members who are wonderful and considerate.

I also have family, although as far as I am concerned he is no longer my brother and his daughter is no longer my niece.
My parents are both deceased. Although the will plainly stated that EVERYTHING was to go to my brother with Down's, as he couldn't provide for himself. Instead, my older brother has stolen everything and has let his daughter live in my parents home since 1998 rent FREE!

My middle brother who is guardian has been in litigation since then but with the continuances, etc nothing has been finalized. I am co-guardian an co-conservator of my bother with Down's.

What I don't understand is how someone can totally steal from anyone let alone a brother who is mentally disabled.

Yes I am bitter about it. Yes, I plan on never seeing them again, and yes I believe they will burn in hell for what they have denied my brother.

My father had money and loved to buy jewels for my mother and had a huge gun,rifle, tool, and coin collection. His tools were especially nice as they were hand made in Germany as he was an aerospace engineer. I have a picture of him on the original 1 of 3 moon buggies. That is the only thing I have to remember my family besides a couple of photos I got in 1995.

My older brother did send me a ring, however, it was not one of my mothers as he had switched it.

With family like that, who needs enemies!!!

Hugs! As long as you know you are doing the right thing, that is all that matters!

amandasgramma 06-09-2010 05:32 AM

Glad that worked out...I understand your feelings. Now some advice for the future...SPEAK UP! The family problems I've encountered have always been aggrivated by the person with the hurt feelings not speaking up!!! Next time that or something similar happens, speak up and let them know...REMIND him or whoever! Do it in a nice adult way...no whining or crying...just let them know.

lfw045 06-09-2010 05:41 AM

I'm so glad it turned out well for you.

kwhite 06-09-2010 05:47 AM

I am so sorry you had this pain, but it is great that your dad thought it through. We are here for you. Sometimes families are weird and are not "fair". My outlook in times like these is to do what ever it takes to look myself in the mirror in the morning and be able to say, "You did the right thing. You are a good person." If I can do that then to hell with what anyone else did.