Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just returned from "vacation" - in the hospital! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-returned-%22vacation%22-hospital-t142356.html)

amma 08-03-2011 12:01 PM

WOW!! I am so happy that you cheated this again!
I hope that the cause is found soon, and in the mean time take it easy and hopefully you will find inspiration here to get you back into a quilting mode :D:D:D

Vanuatu Jill 08-03-2011 12:02 PM

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!!

jljack 08-03-2011 12:05 PM

Take care!! My mom has trouble with clotting and is on warfarin, too. Not something you want to mess around with at all. Glad you are OK, and welcome back!!

BTW, we have boxers, also!! Aren't they the greatest dogs!!!

Vanuatu Jill 08-03-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Take care!! My mom has trouble with clotting and is on warfarin, too. Not something you want to mess around with at all. Glad you are OK, and welcome back!!

BTW, we have boxers, also!! Aren't they the greatest dogs!!!

Yes-being on Warfarin is serious stuff, needing to constantly monitor your blood and watch what you eat and drink-guess my days of putting down a FEW margaritas are gone-but at least I can have ONE on occasion. I will really miss eating mangos and liver, though-the two foods they say to completely stay away from!
I was raised with a boxer and have always been partial to them--GREAT dogs!

Celeste 08-03-2011 12:19 PM

How scary! I'm glad you have family who love you enough to keep "persuading" you to go to the hospital!

P.S. How is your GFG coming along?

loves_2_quilt 08-03-2011 12:26 PM

Feel better soon.

Judith1005 08-03-2011 12:26 PM

someone up there must have special plans for you. i wish you a speedy recovery and pray for the best possible out come. good luck! :)

Kimkankwilt 08-03-2011 12:31 PM

That sounds really scary...take it easy. Hopefully they find the cause.

Vanuatu Jill 08-03-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste
How scary! I'm glad you have family who love you enough to keep "persuading" you to go to the hospital!

P.S. How is your GFG coming along?

Well, I made 30 flowers while in Vanuatu, came back and haven't touched it. DH brought it to me in the hospital in the little snap-together organizer I had it all nt, but I had taken out the needles before, so couldn't use it. Actually, I told him not to bother bringing them to me as I was really not able to focus-I had a book and hardly read-I just vegitated, mostly. I will re-stock it again for my trip back to Vanuatu on October 2nd. I think that will just be my portable project on the go. I need to start with the white hexagons and navy diamonds to connect the flowers-I don't have a clue how many I need, nor how many flowers I need. Guess I will just keep adding until I think it is big enough! Thanks for asking!

patski 08-03-2011 12:36 PM

I'm so glad you are on the mend. Don't delay going to the dr, you never know what is or is not serious