Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just venting.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-venting-t110360.html)

pamkasperi 03-24-2011 02:12 PM

So I am selling my Brother/Baby Lock Embroidery Professional - 1 head 6 needles and I have it listed on ebay.

So I get a question about whether you can use a usb memory stick on it - I tell the person I doubt it but it does come with the usb cord to hook to a computer so maybe.

She the person replies back and says - "I talked to someone more knowledgable than you about these machines and they can convert it so it takes a usb memory stick but it will cost so I'll buy your machin from you for 2000.00 less than you have it listed for...ok?"

I'm not kidding that was her direct quote...I'm thinking "seriously? seriously?" I can't even bring myself to respond to this person....

Jim's Gem 03-24-2011 02:14 PM

NOT "OK"
You certainly don't have to sell it to her!

seamstome 03-24-2011 02:15 PM

NOT!! Like, okay, girliefriend.

What an idiot.

NCquilter 03-24-2011 02:16 PM

Good Lord! Some people are inconsiderate and stupid. Don't sell to her.

happymrs 03-24-2011 02:17 PM

What an idiot she is, or takes you for one! I would respond at all,or like someone else said, just say " No okay!"

sewingsuz 03-24-2011 02:18 PM

Don't you just , think how do you know they are more knowledgeable then myself? You don't even know me.

QuiltnNan 03-24-2011 02:22 PM

Holy Mackerel. That's the most inventive excuse I've seen to reduce the price of an item!

ptquilts 03-24-2011 02:24 PM

How much are you selling it for that she wants a $2000 discount? I have no idea what these machines go for.
I would be VERY nervous selling anything over $100 or so on ebay, sellers have NO protection against buyers who are scam artists.

MzMcKee 03-24-2011 02:27 PM

Tell them if the USB is important to them, they should buy one from the Knowledgeable person. For $2000.00 Less. ;)

pamkasperi 03-24-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
How much are you selling it for that she wants a $2000 discount? I have no idea what these machines go for.
I would be VERY nervous selling anything over $100 or so on ebay, sellers have NO protection against buyers who are scam artists.

$3500.00 - about what a used one is worth - it has low milage about 100 hours a year.

I ran an embroidery company for 4 years - I know this machine inside and out but she doesn't know that - so I'll give her that but I thought it was awfully nervy to send me 1) an email with that tone and 2) asking for a reduction like that becaus eyou want to use a memory stick instead of your computer.

The darn thing hooks to a computer; a memory card reader; take a memory card; cd rom and floppy....

I haven't responded - she hasn't bid so I'm ignoring her - ebay says not to respond to people who make offers outside of the process - so that's what I'm going to do before I tell her where she can go with her "computer sticky thingy" (memory stick).