Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just want some tea and sympathy for my black eye..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-want-some-tea-sympathy-my-black-eye-t152082.html)

Amythyst02 09-12-2011 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
oh my goodness... black eye, stitches, scrapes.. I am thinking you need some chocolate, lol.. not that I know that helps, because I am one of a million probably who doesnt like chocolate.. I really dont. But I would send you a box full just for the sympathy pains you must have .. I am sorry you got hurt.. :cry:

Oh this certainly calls for a "chocolate fix" !!! As for those that do not like chocolate I have a grandson that absolutely does not like chocolate. We even tried to trick him one year with white chocolate, and he looks me right in the eye, and says: Grandma you know I do not like chocolate!! I just do not understand, how he can not, his mother and I both are chocolate LOVERS.... lol

mim 09-12-2011 07:12 AM

The way gravity works -- it will sort of slide down as it goes away -- Give it a week -- I'm so sorry the hike ended badly -- This is a lovely time of year for a hike. I'm sure your DH feels terrible for you

Mim

Kathy T. 09-12-2011 07:26 AM

I'll second the suggestion by K.P. that you get Arnicare or something like it. We get Arnica gel from GNC (or any other health stores) and it works great to relieve the bruising (and it smells good, too). My grandmother used to mix arnica and witch hazel, but I never knew the right proportions so we get the gel. And tea and cinnamon toast is the best for your spirits. Accidents happen - stay active anyway! <big hug and lots of pity coming your way>

Rann 09-12-2011 07:31 AM

My kids call me FLM for flying leap mama. Every time we go camping I go splat.

auniqueview 09-12-2011 08:04 AM

You're not old and stupid. You have to do better than falling on a hiking trail. For instance, try doing a full face plant TWICE by tripping up a three inch step in your own house, ....one you have lived in for ten years. Even the dogs laughed at me.

If someone says something about the bruises, just tell them they should see the other guy.

leiladylei54 09-12-2011 08:23 AM

Ohhh, svs for your mishap....thank goodness the injuries are only temporary and not of the permanent variety. Take care!!!

Prism99 09-12-2011 09:04 AM

Thanks, everyone. I ordered some Arnica gel from Amazon and will try it out.

My biggest problem right now is that I broke my regular glasses and am "making do" with my mid-range computer glasses. This is fine as long as I am on the computer, but I feel slightly nauseated all the time and I'm sure it's the change in vision.

Have an appointment in 2 weeks for a new eye exam. My glasses cost so much, I want to make sure they have a current prescription! So, I think it's nausea city for about a month until I get new glasses. At least my dd said she'd go with me to pick out nice frames! And, this time I'm going to order a spare pair.

leiladylei54 09-12-2011 10:29 AM

Glad you thought of a spare pair...hubby NEVER did that and we had to pay umpteen bucks for a one hour service to get a pair made. We kept forgetting to get the spare pair, gone through this one hour service thing about three times until we FINALLY learned to order the spare pair.

jojosnana 09-12-2011 11:09 AM

My grandaughter had an accident. Her bike hit something sticking out of the sidewalk and she went flying. A black eye, cuts and scratches everywhere from sliding on the cement. She used the frozen bag of peas for a few days. She still has the bruise but it gets less purple each day. Poor thing - put her bike in the corner of the garage. I don't think she will be riding that for a while.

Jaynie 09-12-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
oh my goodness... black eye, stitches, scrapes.. I am thinking you need some chocolate, lol.. not that I know that helps, because I am one of a million probably who doesnt like chocolate.. I really dont. But I would send you a box full just for the sympathy pains you must have .. I am sorry you got hurt.. :cry:

I don't like chocolate either...Mom always said something must be wrong with me...LOL. But anyway, take it easy, a cold pack might help with the swelling. Hope you recover soon.