Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Kindle...Kindle...Do you Do Kindle?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kindle-kindle-do-you-do-kindle-t29284.html)

marty_mo 12-04-2009 04:27 PM

The link below give some good info on Kindle.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1390...slideshow.html

Skeat 12-04-2009 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 3incollege
I just got my husband to build me beutiful bookcases, with lots of books . I don't think I should get one now. I love the look and feel of books. I'm not saying I would never have one,but right now I don't think so.

I so ditto that statement above and have my inspirational books always at hand....and, no, they could never be replaced! I am a paper turner..but, for those books I call easy reads, etc...fictional fun...the kindle would be perfect!!:)It will read them for me while I sew:)Who couldn't listen endless to the Mitford series by Jan Karon while sewing:)But, for my applique books...various quilt books, books on color...never replaceable-Besides...what else could be in my car seat pockets, under my bed, by my chair oh, and for sure my work areas:)Skeat

shaverg 12-04-2009 04:42 PM

I know I am wierd, but I really like being able to hold a book I read.

sandpat 12-05-2009 06:48 AM

I wonder that too Loretta...I sure hope not. Its kinda the same thing with newpapers...younger people don't seem to read the paper like we used to, but heck...what can I say..they won't deliver the newspaper to us, so I have to read mine on-line. I really miss spreading it out on the kitchen table and enjoying my coffee along with my read.

shaverg 12-05-2009 08:19 AM

I too hope books never go away. I am actually an electronic Geek, but I don't even like reading articles online. I usually print a hard copy. I am also a nature freak and know the whole argument about paper and trees, but we recycle everything. I only keep very few books and pass the others on for someone else to read or donate them.

Skeat 12-05-2009 11:26 AM

Some great posts here!! I do hope anyone else w/any of these can share their pro's and con's too...:)I'm keeping a list...so far the kindle is winning for me:)But, darn....I may have to wait till the kindle 2 (DX) drops in price...that is a lot of fabric for me:)

Yvonne 12-05-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
Some great posts here!! I do hope anyone else w/any of these can share their pro's and con's too...:)I'm keeping a list...so far the kindle is winning for me:)But, darn....I may have to wait till the kindle 2 (DX) drops in price...that is a lot of fabric for me:)

Ah, but look at all the money you'll save using the electronic books vs the hard or paper back variety!! I know I've already paid for the kindle with the books savings I've had. Now on to saving more to buy more fabric! Win/win!! :lol:

NiceNCLady 12-05-2009 12:08 PM

Skeat, I got my Kindle (refurbished) at Amazon. Someone had upgraded to the one with more bells and whistles. I got it for $130. When it came, it was packaged just as it came from the factory. The cover was also included. I didn't want to pay $300 for something I wasn't sure I would like but for $130, I decided to take a chance. I love it. I drop it in my purse and read at lunch everyday.

Knot Sew 12-05-2009 12:29 PM

I'm a library person....i enjoy going...only thing is they have to much other stuff verses books

marty_mo 12-05-2009 03:05 PM

I'm still in the comparison phase for all three units so at this point I am not sold on a particular reader nor leaning towards a certain one. Without going back through the post to find the exact post...there was advice to "stay away from the Sony" but if I recall correctly the person also the comment that he or she is not a "techy" person...so I shall continue comparing. I'm picking up some interesting info here and hope that more are forth coming.

Quilt books and magazines on an eReader....nope I have to have a real book or pattern. lol