Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   kitchen project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kitchen-project-t223784.html)

carolaug 06-19-2013 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Middle of week two...The excitement is replaced with mess and stress...its coming along and they are doing a wonderful job and really doing it right...but its taking a long time...I am glad he is doing it the right way really..but really would like my house back...think 2-3 more weeks to go...aurgh....tired of take out food or going out to eat after a long day at work. Oh well...I need to relax...here is the progress from yesterday...oh and they patched the livingroom walls from the holes they needed to make for the electrical wires for the fan that was installed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420075[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420075[/ATTACH]

earthwalker 06-19-2013 11:32 PM

Hang in there....we had ours re-done a while ago....had to cook outside under the patio (good job I insisted it be done in summer:)). Looks fantastic....love the floor (and the cat).

omacookie 06-20-2013 03:09 AM

I see that the inspector has done his job. Now to finish it and get a home cooked meal. I know the pain of a schoulder injury. Had one a few years ago and it took much time to heal. Also be careful and DO NOT over do it. PS The Kitchen is looking good. Almost like HGTV makeovers ! Hugs

luvstoquilt 06-20-2013 07:03 AM

I am a remodel finatic...I LOVE a project and have redone my kitchen several times...I would "flip" houses if I was wealthy enough to do that. I envy you your project...it is looking amazing! Love your inspector, too. The thing I hate most in any home restoration is working on the center hallway...it seems to ruin the whole house for me until it is finished and I swear there is a tiny machine somewhere that manufactures white powered dust that settles on every square inch in the house!

carolaug 06-20-2013 04:23 PM

I agree about summer...thank goodness we did not do this in the winter. The floor is almost laid...tomorrow they will finish and grout. I had then do it offsite so its taking longer and run out of tile thankfully they had more at the store. Then two days will not walking on the floor. I am hoping the appliances can get moved out of my livingroom next week. I think my cats are getting tired of all the work and want there home back too...hopefully two more weeks till its done...ok maybe I am dreaming...

carolaug 06-29-2013 11:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well the floors are done and look great...but the contractos have not been back since Tuesday...little upset about that...appliances still in my livingroom...aurgh...they will be here on Monday, I hope. I want contractors hours...work when they feel like it...this is a very expensive job...the countertop goes in on July 8th I hope...and then they will finish up that week..fingers crossed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421796[/ATTACH]

carolaug 07-09-2013 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the never ending project...its looking great though!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423219[/ATTACH]

carolaug 07-09-2013 02:39 PM

tomorrow the electrican comes to move the light fixture and put in the light sockets and switches and install a new light. Plumber is also coming to install the fauchet and and dishwasher and water! The backsplash will get finished and then the grout...almost done...then just ceiling needs to be painted

MamaBear61 07-09-2013 03:33 PM

That is looking awesome. It will be worth the wait.

Celeste 07-10-2013 11:21 AM

Oh, my, that is looking gorgeous!