Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   kitchen project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kitchen-project-t223784.html)

carolaug 07-10-2013 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423324[/ATTACH]Another day done...grout on backsplash done. Dishwasher installed, fauchet installed. Tomorrow light sockets, light switches and lights. And maybay the ceiling will be painted. We are towards the end of the project.

leaha 07-10-2013 03:33 PM

you have no idea how lucky you are, days a couple of weeks? I have lived in this house a year, and 4 months, and ALL that time we have been working on our house, the contractor, came every day after he got off work at home Depot, I went months on end with no kitchen, not having my home to me, with dust, LOL oh you know all of it. Now my contractor is out of work for at least 2 months, Had an operation, and he has some things to finish up here. So maybe some time in Sept. he will come back and finish. I live with hope, LOL

leaha 07-10-2013 03:34 PM

by the by, your kitchen looks fab!!

carolaug 07-10-2013 03:41 PM

We contracted Lowes to do the work. The designer was/is incredible! Thank goodness we have Lowes to call and complain to when the contractors do not show up...it has been a huge help. We have been using Lowes for all kinds of house improvements and if something is not right its great to be able to call them and let them deal with the contractors and they do...and they do come back if any issues arise later. I would recommend Lowes as the place to have when doing house improvements projects.

carolaug 07-11-2013 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423483[/ATTACH]Ir pretty much done...just waiting for a window frame...special order

mike'sgirl 07-12-2013 10:45 AM

I love the whole thing, looks great, but I really like the wrap around cabinets next to the fridge. That is really nice. I haven't seen that before. We are looking at buying a house this winter that needs a new kitchen. Might look at yours as an idea for ours. Hope you shoulder is better. Gina

pal 07-12-2013 11:10 AM

Oh, your kitchen is gorgeous!!!!!!!! We are about to begin the process of having our kitchen redone - we've picked out the cabinets and gotten a new floor plan - but, in the end, I will still have a mini-kitchen that will cost 3 times the amount we paid for the house 45 years ago. So we would gain cabinet & counter space but still have a tiny kitchen. What to do, what to do?? But now that I've seen how beautiful yous is I have hope.

Annie68 07-12-2013 11:16 AM

Oooh, that is a beautiful kitchen, and worth all the inconvenience of the redo, right?

carolaug 07-12-2013 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423576[/ATTACH] Here is our pots and pan cabinet and coffee counter. On the right side of the botton is the trash cans, trash bag holder also on the right side where the cat food go, both have pull out, which is awesome. In the drawers coffe and tea. Almost done..can't wait until the frame and curtains get installs.

BMP 07-12-2013 12:43 PM

LOVE your new kitchen...I am sure it worth the wait !!! I remember when we did ours we had alot of crock pot dinners and did didhes in the bathroom.