Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   lady wants to move into our basement-seriously (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lady-wants-move-into-our-basement-seriously-t36613.html)

nativetexan 02-15-2010 02:03 PM

so far so good. hubby is to call her but i doubt he's done it. he's not a fan of confrontation of any kind. not the best manners not to call her but perhaps he's waiting for her to call him. talk about a stand off. i'm out of it.
anyway i did mention that with my torn back muscles i can't move anything much less bend over. so cleaning out stuff is out of the question right now. thanks all. :mrgreen:

SaraSewing 02-15-2010 03:29 PM

A stand-off is good. It makes her "beg". If you just tell her no out of the blue, she may get defiant. But begging is not becoming, especially when the answer will still be no.

cjomomma 02-15-2010 03:34 PM

You better watch out she may take the silence as a yes and show up at your door with her belongings. I wouldn't put it off too long. Dial her number and give hubby the phone. Sometimes I have to do that with mine. Just do it and get it over with. Good luck.

earthwalker 02-15-2010 03:54 PM

I too am late in replying (apologies). This person sounds like a total "operator". No is going to be the simplest and best response...Stay strong and maintain your sanity.

gramqlts 02-15-2010 04:08 PM

Like the old saying goes.....Fish and relatives stink after 3 days....just say NO!!!

gramqlts 02-15-2010 04:42 PM

I have read all six pages after posting my first response at the bottom of first page and it cracked me up....we have had "shirt tail relatives", "blood sucking relatives" and "only-when-I-want-something relatives" in the responses. You ladies are COLD HEARTED!!!!! What happened to "love one another" or "do unto others as you would want them to do unto you"???? I for one would open my doors and welcome her in to my home...............NOT!!!!

Over my adult years I have took in approximately 25-30 different folks for few days to few years....one or 3 at a time plus their numerous animals/pets. Believe me, it gets old. I am now 62 and hopefully no one else will ever ask to move in. Even tho I have a 3 bedroom house plus the carport has been enclosed and is now considered a 4th bedroom or den, I have made only one as a spare bedroom. Smallest bedroom is now computer/scrapbook room and is very full. Carport room is huge but it is my sewing room and very very very full. My bedroom is only "my room" except Bella now thinks it is officially hers. My spare bedroom has only full size bed that is not real comfortable (oh sorry guests,,,,,thought it was a good deal since it was "Free"). (smile) And manage to keep the closet in that room pretty full so sorry your clothes got wrinkled while you were visiting. Have queen size sofa bed in living room but the steel bar going across middle under your back is horrible (smile again).

Now if only I could learn to say no to animals.....I have two dogs in back yard (biggest one is my grandson's and smaller one is my oldest daughter's), a cat who normally stays outside but in house now due to snow and ice (Maine coon that belongs to my youngest daughter) and sheds like crazy. I also have a large aquarium in computer room with 3 water turtles in it, light and pump which run 24/7 that belongs in youngest daughter's 2nd grade classroom. She is teacher by the way. She brought it to me to babysit during Christmas break but since school resumed, her classroom heater has been on blitz and during day she runs 2 portable heaters in it but at nite gets down to 45 degrees in there. So til they get her heater fixed, they will still be visiting with Grammy Sandy.

Anyone need any animals???? I promise you only need buy 40 lbs of food a week for outside dogs, 20 lb week for large Maine coon and special turtle food for 3 baby water turtles cause they are picky eaters. I'll keep Bella cause she is so spoiled no one else could stand her long....ha ha. What can I say...she is the baby of a very big hearted old lady!

lots2do 02-15-2010 04:49 PM

LOved your comment about the turtles and your daughter's 2nd grade classroom. We've had turtles too! DH would love, love, love a Maine coon cat but since I'm allergic...
lots2do