Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   lavender linen oil, homemade (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lavender-linen-oil-homemade-t39762.html)

nuttyhurricane 03-18-2010 09:10 AM

I do make lavendar water this way. It makes the fabric smell so nice. I purchased a small cheap spray bottle from walmart. I shake mine often to keep it well mixed.

AnnaK 03-18-2010 03:24 PM

I found some lavender spray at the dollar store. It's called l'essence de Provence but at that price it really comes from Hope Rose, Inc. in Spartanburg, SC. Check it out.

MollieSue 03-18-2010 04:10 PM

How cool!! The things you learn on here! :):)
I bought some lavendar linen spray from Party Lite - not cheap! But I love to spray it on my bed sheets...
Thanks for sharing this!! :) :)

twistedsheets 03-19-2010 01:47 AM

Anyone who may be interested in essential oils like lavender lemon or such for this Boleks craft supply has several oils and are less expensive . They are in Dover ohio and columbus ohio also and have toll free numbers and and online ordering. I order from time to time . but do not confuse these with the bath and candle fragrances which they also sell. I use the lemon in winter and spring to releive congestion by wetting cotton balls and attatching to the air vents or a metal fan so it circulates and kills airborne germs and helps break up congestion in lungs just from breating in. Love my oils!!! Just search for Boleks crafts and it will come up.

Lostn51 03-19-2010 07:21 PM

Bad part about it is that the Vodka would never make it to the iron!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I cant do Cheap Vodka :(

All my Vodka goes into my wife and I usually mixed with Gin, Rum, Whiskey, Triple Sec, a splash of Sweet and Sour mix and a touch of Cola for color......Can we say "Long Island Tea" :thumbup:

Billy

zz-pd 03-19-2010 10:24 PM

I love lavender. Penny

annette 03-20-2010 02:04 PM

Hi i want to know what does this recipe do in the iron thank you in advance

redkimba 03-20-2010 02:19 PM

I would not put it into the iron due to the essential oil.

Originally Posted by annette
Hi i want to know what does this recipe do in the iron thank you in advance

Dorothy of Kansas 03-20-2010 02:27 PM

I've been using this for years and it has not damaged any of my irons. I use distilled water, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I only put about 20 drops of oil in about a 38 fl oz of water with about 1/8 cup of vodka. I use a cleaned out "Dawn" bottle, as it makes no mess when filling the iron and I write "IRON WATER" all over it, so they won't try to wash the dishes with it!! :lol: :lol:

Chigger Holler Quilter 03-20-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I was just wondering today if there was a cheaper way to get that stuff!!! I've never bought essential oils before....where would I find it???

Most health food stores carry essential oils.