Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Let the destruction begin!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/let-destruction-begin-t30663.html)

crkathleen 12-01-2009 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is one of the homemade ornaments. I made this one a few years ago. Picture was taken last year on my mother's tree.

janRN 12-01-2009 07:26 PM

We put our tree in the dining room and can't decorate the bottom third of the tree. The dog stands by the table to beg and wags his tale (a lot). He knocks off any ornaments that would be hanging there. I guess I should teach him not to beg but he's cute!!

OdessaQuilts 12-01-2009 08:09 PM

We don't have pets, but ever since my first baby, we have put 18 little gold-colored bells on the lowest branches of our tree. That way, when we'd hear the "tinkle-tinkle-tinkle" of the bells, we could holler, "are you touching the tree???" That same daughter uses them now, too, with 2 cats, 2 dogs and 2 rambunctious little boys in the house!

adriansmom 12-01-2009 08:41 PM

I believe it's 3M that makes those stickable wall hooks. They really do come off the wall nicely without making a mess. They come in all sizes I believe. We use them a lot around here cuz I don't like putting holes in the walls. This way you can hang stuff up nd not worry.

Bevanger 12-02-2009 06:20 AM

aw i love your tree, if i can get my son over long enough, i can get him to bring up my stuff from the basement

MNQuilter 12-02-2009 06:26 AM

I have to chuckle, my kitty loves to sit under our tree. She looks like our own little christmas present. The kiddos actually get after the ornaments and such more than either of the pets do. I have ye tto catch the cat trying to climb the Christmas tree and I've had her for 8 years. Speaking of which, I just looked over at the tree and who is sitting like a queen herself? One kitty. :lol:

amma 12-02-2009 07:08 AM

I love the idea of hanging bells on the lower branches... what a great way to know that they are touching the "no no's" LOL

crkathleen 12-02-2009 10:32 AM

That is a clever idea with the bells! I will look for some and also the 3M hooks.
Loretta, The ornament (my version of a snowbaby) was just an unfinished plaster ornament. Like the ones they sell at walmart around the holidays in the craft section. Painted them with regular acrylic craft paint. I did use a peach colored chalk for the cheeks (Picked that up at an art store). Used regular old elmers glue to paint the body then dusted it was snowflake like glitter (walmart). Then a light spray of acrylic spray paint. I've noticed over the years that the ones that I sprayed heavy have yellowed. I wish I could locate a place around here that pours ornaments. I used to get them for .50 cents a piece.

Shemjo 12-03-2009 02:34 PM

Pretty snow baby. I used to do ceramics, but I don't have any of the snow babies in ornaments.

crkathleen 12-03-2009 03:21 PM

By all means Loretta, have a ball! :)
I had several different poses and I would give them out in sets of 3 for Christmas presents.