Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Let the destruction begin!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/let-destruction-begin-t30663.html)

crkathleen 12-01-2009 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've put up my Charlie Brown Christmas tree without ornaments. I first have to let the "quilt inspectors" approve it!

My Charlie Brown Tree
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58317[/ATTACH]

crkathleen 12-01-2009 02:54 PM

We have had this tree for years! It's a Dollar General special :) Actually this tree is 9 years old. As old as our marriage!

amma 12-01-2009 03:13 PM

Do they love your tree?? My BFF told me this morning their cats have claimed it and that they are afraid to decorate it now LMBO

crkathleen 12-01-2009 03:24 PM

Well, mommy had to lay the law down with a squirt bottle of water. They are napping right now so come tomorrow morning I will know if I need to hang a picture of a tree other than the current tree. They have been chewing on the ends. haha

adriansmom 12-01-2009 03:34 PM

Once you get the ornies on...that's the true test. What cat can resist all the pretty dangling ornaments. Remember..no tinsel though.

Elisabrat 12-01-2009 03:52 PM

I have a kitten rescue. I can't keep them out of a tree but you can keep the tree from flopping over on your carpet and breaking your favorite ornaments: we use fishing line and wrapped it around the tree a couple times and tied it to the walls via a nail. No one can see it and it keeps it from flopping over. Works great with toddlers too.

crkathleen 12-01-2009 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I couldn't wait so I added some lights. I'm thinking of adding another strand towards the top. I had to keep telling the kitties "No" when I put them on. I wouldn't dare put tinsle up. I know its not healthy for them.

So far so good. No climbing! :)
I do have a skirt I made with stamped velvet. But I need to hem it otherwise it will be a part of my kitties diet! lol

crkathleen 12-01-2009 06:20 PM

I grew up with lots of decorations for the holidays. I live in an apartment and I'm afraid to put anything on the walls but its killing me. I need to figure out a way to put something up!

Shemjo 12-01-2009 06:33 PM

I am not ususally home at Christmas, so I haven't put up a big tree for several years. It would require a major rearrangement, and where would I put my machine! My critters are so into everything and I would have to displace their feeding stations to do a tree justice. I have a Charlie Brown Tree that I use that is really pitiful, just a branch that I have wrapped with floral tape and lights that I hang nondestructible ornaments on. It gets lots of attention and they can bat the dangles without hurting anything.
The things we do for our critters.

littlehud 12-01-2009 06:33 PM

We have a big tree, but have gone to unbreakable ornaments. It saves me money. I just have to put them back on the tree.