Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Lets hear some pet peeves...(probably been done before) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lets-hear-some-pet-peeves-probably-been-done-before-t33848.html)

mjsylvstr 01-12-2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
Mine is people posting in the wrong section of the forum.
LOL. Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Sorry, sorry, sorry...figure that should take care of a few errors..........

MaryJane

mjsylvstr 01-12-2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
Mine is people posting in the wrong section of the forum.
LOL. Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Sorry, sorry, sorry...figure that should take care of a few errors..........

MaryJane

cjc 01-12-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by mysacrifice
My pet peeves are:

Chewing or eating with mouth open; smacking with food in mouth; not saying 'excuse me' when you bump into me accidentally at the store. Not opening doors for Seniors; not using turn signals; not waving 'thanks' when someone lets you out of a long line of traffic; people in the fast lane on the Interstate doing LESS than the stated speed limit; unruly children....

I could go on, but these are certainly at the top of my list!

How about when you are trying to go down the aisle and a person and/or their buggy is taking up the whole aisle and when you say 'excuse me', they look at you like you passed gas!

LovingIzabella 01-12-2010 02:10 PM

I have many pet peeves. I won't go in to all of them because I am sure it would become a brawl of some sort, however, one of the biggest I have is when I call somewhere and get "For English press one". Of course I want English, this is America after all!
Hugs
April

Debra Mc 01-12-2010 03:20 PM

You should hear how some people pronounce Neches, Brazos & Bois D'Arc. THey also say Palestine but we say it Palesteen. You know when you got an outsider. In Texas we also say pecon even though it is spelled pecan. Little things that drive people crazy.

redrummy 01-12-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
however, one of the biggest I have is when I call somewhere and get "For English press one". Of course I want English, this is America after all!
Hugs
April

AMEN!!!

Catlady 01-12-2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
My only pet peeve is children who are holy little terrors! Especially the ones who run around stores throwing tantrums, screaming and wreaking havoc.

Makes me want to smack the parents! lol

Me too. Also going out to a restaurant (whether is a family
type restaurant or fancy one), and listening to kids screaming
and running all over the place and the parents just totally
ignoring them.

Catlady 01-12-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
I agree with all of the above :evil: But my two BIGGEST pp's are undisciplined children and people who want to move to this great country but refuse to speak english :evil: My kids were and are far from perfect :!: None of us are :!: But I and my DH did everything possible to raise them to be respectful and responsible adults. That was my FIRST job :!: I knew that going into parenthood. So step up people and show some responsibility and stop try to be so politically correct all of the time. It's time to get back to some old fashioned values!!People who don't speak english totally set me off :hunf: They come here leagally or illeagally because they want to be here, yet they don't really want to assimilate. I am for everyone being proud of their heritage, I am proud of mine, too, but this is America, the melting pot, DUH :!: :!: WOW, talk about a soap box :oops: :oops:

Totally agree.

golfer 01-12-2010 07:41 PM

The congresspeople and their special treatment that they vote themselves. We do not have any avenue except to vote them out.

Justok 01-12-2010 07:54 PM

young kids who drive down the street with their windows down and blast their music loud, as if I want to hear their kind of music.