Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Locked posts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/locked-posts-t69090.html)

kathome 10-08-2010 02:29 PM

I've only been on the board since June and noticed some threads are blocked from replies. Why?

The ones that I have seen blocked are not offensive. Just wondering.

Rebecca VLQ 10-08-2010 02:36 PM

Variety of reasons: could be a dead-horse topic, could be that it starts getting a little too intense for the fun nature of the board, could be someone's forgetting their manners. It's up to the powers that be. They keep on top of it to keep the board safe and sane...

:D

KathyAire 10-08-2010 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by kathome
I've only been on the board since June and noticed some threads are blocked from replies. Why?

The ones that I have seen blocked are not offensive. Just wondering.

I suspect that admin can read between the lines and locks them before they become 'offensive'.

kathome 10-08-2010 02:39 PM

I agree that it needs to be monitored but just wondered because the last one that I noticed was locked was about copyright laws and I thought that I could shed some light, only to see that it was locked.

Darlene 10-08-2010 02:44 PM

Sometimes they lock them to keep the posts at the minimum. Other times they are informational and they don't want any more postings.

Rebecca VLQ 10-08-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by kathome
I agree that it needs to be monitored but just wondered because the last one that I noticed was locked was about copyright laws and I thought that I could shed some light, only to see that it was locked.

I think it's been beaten to death...if you do a search it's been talked about multiple times.

Patrice is a mod, she locked it (I think) but not without first addressing the original question about copywright...

patricej 10-08-2010 03:06 PM

the board should be a place we gather to share information, friendship, encouragement and all things positive.

a friendly, informative and spirited debate can be a great deal of fun. it's an opportunity to see things from other points of view and, perhaps, to learn something. we should laugh and learn our way through.

poisonous arguments; venting; steaming; "screaming"; and spiraling anger are altogether different. whine with no cheese is a drag. and, really, somebody should give that poor dead horse a break. he's been through enough.

when the top pops off the Enough-Already-O-Nometer, it's time to lock a topic.

when the EAON melts, it's time to delete altogether.

soooooooooo ... as this conversation continues ... if it must ... please keep all of that in mind.

hint ... hint ... hint .... hint. ;-) :lol:

starshine 10-08-2010 03:12 PM

Yes if the horse gets beaten to death how will we be able to gallop past the quilt to tell if the mistake is too visable?

Rebecca VLQ 10-08-2010 03:25 PM

Hey, did you know that Mr. Ed was not a horse at all, but a zebra? But "back in the day" film did not pick up on the differences in hairs on the coat....

(the point being that Mr. Ed would be a dead horse, except he wasn't a horse at all....he was a zebra. So, we could be beating a dead zebra right now...)

BACK TO THE FUN STUFF! ;)

luvTooQuilt 10-08-2010 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Hey, did you know that Mr. Ed was not a horse at all, but a zebra? But "back in the day" film did not pick up on the differences in hairs on the coat....

(the point being that Mr. Ed would be a dead horse, except he wasn't a horse at all....he was a zebra. So, we could be beating a dead zebra right now...)

BACK TO THE FUN STUFF! ;)

ROFL !!!! OMG that was funny Rebecca VLQ...