Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Look What I Ordered Today............... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/look-what-i-ordered-today-t46989.html)

amma 05-24-2010 07:27 PM

Billy you will have to let me know when you will be in the Mt St Helens area :D:D:D
This sounds like a dream trip!!! Lucky You!!! :D:D:D

Celeste 05-24-2010 07:32 PM

Oooh, cool bike! Too bad I'm too much of a 'fraidy cat. . .!

Yosemite National Park!!!! Truly a must see!

Lostn51 05-24-2010 07:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ForestHobbit
You gonna be pulling a trailer or using a T-bag? A Featherweight would fit in either one. hehe

If you are planning to ride in CA you better add a helmet to your list or you will be buying one here if you want to continue to ride.

We have a 2000 Harley Road King. It is a great travelin' bike.

No what you see on the bike is what I am taking with me. I can not get into the whole full dresser/saddle bags thing.

I wanted a nice bare bones rigid that sat real low to the ground and that was chopped out. If I am standing up the seat is at the same level as my knee cap. My butt is like 18 or 20" from the pavement.

Here are the only photos I can find that will give you a perspective of the bike in relationship to a human...

She is still sorta standing over the bike
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73011[/ATTACH]

This was the original bike buit for the Discovery chanels Biker Build Off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73013[/ATTACH]

earthwalker 05-24-2010 08:16 PM

Cool ride....dare you to do a quilted seat cover!

Lostn51 05-24-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
Cool ride....dare you to do a quilted seat cover!

I wont even think about that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My road trip would turn into something off of "Wild Hogs"

Billy

sewnsewer2 05-24-2010 09:07 PM

Nice bike Billy, but I have a request on behalf of everyone who loves you...PLEASE WEAR A HELMET!

My brother was killed by a drunk driver on his harley and he wasn't wearing his helment. It was the 1st time he didn't wear it. Stay safe.

Sheila Elaine 05-24-2010 09:31 PM

Billy, may I suggest you take an extra change of clothes, then stop at a laundromat to wash the dirty ones...would save a ton of money for fabric!

no1jan 05-25-2010 03:39 AM

Sounds like a great trip! My husband and I met in California and drove up to Seattle then down again to Colorado before going the rest of the way to New York!

We had a fabulous time, hit Yosemite, Yellowstone, etc.
You will have a wonderful time between the riding, the shops, and the friends.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Don't forget the helmet, and glad you are bringing the toothbrush and deodorent!!

:) :) :)

BKinCO 05-25-2010 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by LindaM
Hi again Billy,

We were in Colorado last year in August for three weeks, had an a.m.a.z.i.n.g time!

We're headed back in Sept ... but we understand some of the higher peaks close mid-Sept - eg Mt Evans.

One of the most amazing sites we saw were the Cliff Dwellings at Mesa Verde - haunting, humbling, awesome. If you're in the area, it's worth a whole day!

Linda

Cliff dwellings......thats another must see!!! See you guys can help me plan the trip also!!

But I do have a few homes and folks I have to see on this trip like Charlee and BK. Then Lisa (Quilt addict) and I have a date to go do some serious dumpster diving and thrift store hopping!!!

I have had offers from quite a few members to stay at your homes while I am on the trip and trust me I will take you guys up on it!! And as soon as I figure the route out then I can see who I will be staying with. But I do want to try and to meet as many members I can while I am out on the road and I am hoping to be able to see as many LQS I can!!

Billy

You can add Arches National Park to your list ~ you can go there after you leave here :) Well worth it!!! It's an amazing sight.

BKinCO 05-25-2010 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Billy, may I suggest you take an extra change of clothes, then stop at a laundromat to wash the dirty ones...would save a ton of money for fabric!

Heck, he can just do laundry at all of our houses !!!