Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/march-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t215050.html)

meanmom 03-06-2013 04:48 AM

Thanks JuneBillie. I am trying to use up my stash. These colors are so not me. I am a brights and batik person. I know the person I am making this for will love it. I decided to make the second set of blocks and have everything sewed into sets of 2. I will probably finish up the blocks tonight and put them on the design wall to arrange the colors. After looking at them again I realized they both start with the same unit of 2 pieces and it will change it to the star block if I arrange them differently. This is a quilt for a friend who is having a mastectomy and chemo soon. She is in the process of scheduling it all now. I need to come up with a good prayer or inspirational saying for the label.
Snow day today so I am off work That will make it hard to behave myself eating. Too much access to food when I am home all day. At work I can't snack even if I want to. Makes it easier to behave. I need to head up to the elliptical or I will get lazy and skip it. THen I think I will sew all day:-)

Jim's Gem 03-06-2013 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 5899531)
We have some who like to send in their FQ's for more than 1 month to save on postage. Those who have not signed up yet but sent in their FQ's I have sent them a PM to remind them to sign up. Just so everyone knows, once I receive your FQ, it does not stay in the orginal evelope so I don't know who sent which one in. I do my best to keep record of who I receive from, just not which one you sent. They then go in one bag for the winner.

In April I will do another 3 months worth of themes so you can send them in if you like. I may try to get them decided by the middle of the month so you can start looking for them.

Some ideas I am kicking around are:

Florals
pastels
purples

Please share some of your ideas of what you want. These are not set yet.

I love Purples and Florals, Pastels sound good too!! Bright colors are fun Asains are my favorites. Whatever You decide will be great!

meanmom 03-06-2013 04:11 PM

I spent a good part of my snow day arranging and rearranging my quilt blocks on my design wall. The more I played with them the more I hated them. Eventually I couldn't stand to look at them any more and chucked them. I am sending them to the island of unloved quilt blocks. I will put them away for a while and pull them out some day and maybe they won't be so ugly. I couldn't even stand to sew them together. I made new blocks. They are mostly sewn together. I like them much better now. I just need borders and to decide how to quilt them.
I did spend 40 minutes on the elliptical and shovel the snow from the driveway. Hopefully that will cancel out the candy bar I ate. I made stew for dinner that was delicious. Lots of veggies. I was home all day and didn't eat too bad. I am also doing a bootcamp class at work and on Fridays we walk a few miles. The weight loss better be better this month than last.

createfourpaws 03-07-2013 05:23 AM

Rec'd FQ from mizkyp yesterday. beautiful FQ.

Ladies ..... if you haven't mailed yet please do so soon. Let me know if there is a problem.

Jodi........I am behind in mailing your winnings, they will be mailed no later than Saturday.

createfourpaws 03-07-2013 05:31 AM

We are getting close to the weekend, what are your plans? I will be going to the Dallas Quilt Show on Saturday afternoon taking mom with me. Then have my date Saturday evening. And yes it is the same man I have been seeing for about 9 months now. Sunday will work on the train mystery. I have my fabrics picked out. Also have another t-shirt quilt up on the design wall, it will be finished quickly. Making these squares all the same size.

Have a terrific Thursday. Choose smart.........eat your protein, veggies and drink your water.

Pam H 03-07-2013 06:48 AM

Cindy, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I never made it to the Houston quilt show while I was living in Round Rock. Made plans to but they always fell through. I will have company this weekend so will be cooking and entertaining my sister, niece and 2 great nieces. I will spend Sunday getting ready for a quilt retreat.
I am supposed to weigh in either today or tomorrow for the challenge I joined. I need to lose 21 lbs by the end of April to qualify for prizes. Since I gained back the 4 lbs I lost since the last weigh in I am debating over it. This was supposed to motivate me and it just hasn't happened yet.

blondeslave 03-07-2013 07:58 AM

Don't feel bad Pam. Although I have my food plan working I can't seem to motivate myself to exercise and I LIKE exercising. One thing at a time I suppose.

Pam H 03-07-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 5911374)
Don't feel bad Pam. Although I have my food plan working I can't seem to motivate myself to exercise and I LIKE exercising. One thing at a time I suppose.

Yeah, exercise is a problem for me right now too. I seem to really go in phases.

createfourpaws 03-07-2013 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 5911112)
Cindy, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I never made it to the Houston quilt show while I was living in Round Rock. Made plans to but they always fell through. I will have company this weekend so will be cooking and entertaining my sister, niece and 2 great nieces. I will spend Sunday getting ready for a quilt retreat.
I am supposed to weigh in either today or tomorrow for the challenge I joined. I need to lose 21 lbs by the end of April to qualify for prizes. Since I gained back the 4 lbs I lost since the last weigh in I am debating over it. This was supposed to motivate me and it just hasn't happened yet.

I have yet to make it to the Houston Quilt show, maybe this year if the money is there. LOL Mom and I both want to got to the houston quilt show. We have planned also but not able to due to money matters....

Enjoy your family

Pam H 03-07-2013 09:31 AM

I meant to say Dallas quilt show. Oops! I have been to the Houston show twice. It is awesome!!