Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   March Weight Loss 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/march-weight-loss-2016-a-t276206.html)

Annaquilts 03-03-2016 06:18 AM

I am in! I am close to my goal weight but keep hoovering several pounds above it.

mjmachin 03-04-2016 10:31 AM

Oh no......what is today, a test for me !!??? I am at work and someone brought in a home made carrot cake for the staff. Yikes!! So I had a small piece and felt guilty all the time I ate it. Luckily I think I can now walk away from the rest of it. I will send it home with someone tonight and it will be gone. Then, another nice person brought in a huge bowl full of Easter chocolates for the staff.....what the heck???!!! I must find another place for this bowl other than the middle of my desk!! So far I have not checked it out very well, but I can just feel all the chocolate going to my thighs already!!! Help!!! I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that it went down a little.....and now this! I weigh in at Weight Watchers tomorrow morning and it better be a negative number!!

pinkflowers 03-04-2016 02:46 PM

I have the same problem at my job. We have two staff meetings a month - one for all staff and one for just my team. And at each meeting there is a cake or special treat for the birthday people of that month. Although, not every month includes a birthday person. The two months this year so far have been better though. Fruit was served, so I hope they stay with that plan. We also have people bring in goodies from home often, as well as fruit bowls or bagels. But it can be hard to resist the goodies. I haven't been able to resist completely. I know that if I just have a taste, and I mean just one small bite, I can go merrily on my way.

meanmom 03-04-2016 03:53 PM

There are often treats in the teachers lounge at school. One Friday a month there is breakfast. Luckily I forgot that it was today. I ate at home and was running a little bit behind this morning. I ate about a 1" square of a brownie. By the time I got back in there at lunch time all of the yummy stuff was gone so I didn't HAVE to eat it. We started the biggest loser at school this week. I joined in. SO last night when I got home my DH had a pizza here. Not good for weight loss.
I have had the grandkids several times this week so I missed a couple of my exercise classes. Heading to spinning tomorrow. I need to figure out the winner. for February.

meanmom 03-04-2016 03:56 PM

The winner for February is Mjmachin with a loss of 5 pounds. Congratulations.

mjmachin 03-05-2016 04:38 AM

Thanks so much. Hopefully I can get rid of another 5 lbs in March. Good luck everyone.

Annaquilts 03-05-2016 08:01 AM

Congratulations mjmachin!

pinkflowers 03-07-2016 02:37 PM

Awesome Mjmachin! Keep up the good work!

Irishrose2 03-08-2016 10:42 AM

I should have joined this month. My exercise has come to an abrupt halt - I fell last Tuesday, my birthday, and hurt my lower back. One Dr is talking a fracture, one not sure. I have another app't Thursday. In the meantime, I've done no yoga or walking so my lower abdomen is expanding already. My daughter loves purple so I might have been motivated to watch what I eat for her. Did I say I overeat when stressed and this is definitely stressful? Okay, Judy, stop your whining. Like my son says,"What is, is".

Pam H 03-08-2016 03:50 PM

Oh dear, Judy. I sure hope it not a fracture. Take care of yourself.