Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Mare update--to start a post (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mare-update-start-post-t19136.html)

Celeste 04-17-2009 09:35 PM

Karla, here's prayers for Gypsy and for you! Even EmmaLee will get into the act!

barnbum 04-17-2009 11:21 PM

It's 3:15 AM-her actions to make me hope have passed... I'm headed out to let the fillies out of a stall I confined them in... and check her. I'm doubting it's tonight... sigh.... heavy sigh... I need to sleep.
Gosh--I made it back in time to edit. The mares are both making progress, but I guess just not enough.... I cleaned three stalls and gave them a handful of hay... maybe tomorrow? Oh wait--it is tomorrow. :roll:

Thanks for your prayers... they're good for a few days, yes? :wink:

key4unc 04-18-2009 12:16 AM

Will keep those prayers coming until the foal is here. This is so exciting. I've seen this on Animal Planet (love that channel) but it must be sooooo incredible to actually see it in person--especially when it's your own baby you're waiting for.

CindyBee 04-18-2009 12:30 AM

Good luck Karla and best wishes for a successful birthing.

drivin*me*buggy 04-18-2009 01:53 AM

Fingers crossed....today would be good right...let's wrap this up before we are back to work LOL.

I checkend in w/ the 'puter at 12:30 and 3:30 just to make sure I didnt miss anything. ;)

gcathie 04-18-2009 01:58 AM

Hope and pray all will be okay......:-)

tlrnhi 04-18-2009 04:41 AM

I sure do hope that Gypsy hurries!!!!

barnbum 04-18-2009 04:45 AM

I love to read your good wishes! It takes the edge off the loneliness. Mark needs his sleep. If Kennedy was up to it--I'd have her keep me company--but it's a cruel thing to ask--being up all hours. :lol: Kennedy needs her sleep. I'll have lots of company once the foal arrives.

Gypsy's bag was firm this morning--I truly think she'll go tonight or tomorrow night at the latest. Chloe is still a mystery--her bag has been firm, but not full like it usually is.

Reporting live from Little Church Minis... this is barnbum. :lol:

kaykay 04-18-2009 04:48 AM

dang i got all excited reading this and then got to the end LOL

hope she foals soon so you can rest. Sleep deprivation is a horrible thing

barnbum 04-18-2009 04:55 AM

Hi Kay. Yes--it's painful. I wash my face with cold water--pace rather than snuggle with my ragged flannel on the couch, drink tea (but then I have to go to the bathroom--and I don't want that when my mares need me :shock: ) The audio on the 5" monitor works best if the window is open, so the cool breeze helps. But there's always this time around 1-2 AM that is the hardest. I did sleep some from 4-7--with just a few glances at the monitor--but I was on a love seat that's about 2/3 my length-- :lol:

This too will pass--and hopefully--if all goes well--God willing--I'll have something to reward me for the dedication. :wink:

Justin and Jenny are coming today--so maybe I'll catch a nap. I've never had a mare foal during the day--but hey--you never know.