Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   May Weight Loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/may-weight-loss-t264495.html)

JuneBillie 05-05-2015 09:10 AM

I will try to get my fat (skinny) quarter in soon.

Where is everyone? lol...

We have some warm weather today. In the 80's.
I am in again this month. I couldn't remember if I said that or not.

Leann 05-05-2015 12:31 PM

Hello to everyone,
We are in beautiful Colorado. We walked the Riverwalk in Pueblo yesterday. Then the storms have moved in and we've had rain for hours. Headed to Denver today- I hear it is raining there also. I am enjoying the rest - sometimes just a change of scenery saves the soul. During last years visit, we did the Garden of the Gods - just about spent all day there.

Hard to eat clean and travel - I'm just about washing everything down with Dr Pepper. I will get better. How is everyone else doing?

meanmom 05-05-2015 02:22 PM

The winner for April is JuneBillie with a loss of 9.2 pounds. Congratulations. There were a lot of good losses this month This was the best all around loss month since I have been running this group. I will send out the FQ as soon as I can. I can't drive yet.
Pat

Leann 05-05-2015 03:44 PM

Congratulations Susan! Those are great numbers for a month. Best wishes for the coming months.

Annaquilts 05-05-2015 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 7187161)
The winner for April is JuneBillie with a loss of 9.2 pounds. Congratulations. There were a lot of good losses this month This was the best all around loss month since I have been running this group. I will send out the FQ as soon as I can. I can't drive yet.
Pat

Wow! Congratulations junebillie!

Annaquilts 05-05-2015 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 7186913)
I will try to get my fat (skinny) quarter in soon.

Where is everyone? lol...

We have some warm weather today. In the 80's.
I am in again this month. I couldn't remember if I said that or not.

I am out playing in my garden. I am harvesting the tail end of my spring garden, lots of beets, snow peas, snap peas, carrots, kale and some broccoli. The potatoes, garlic and onions are next.

Pam H 05-05-2015 06:31 PM

That all sounds so good! People are just starting to plant here. We can still get a freeze up until Memorial weekend so only the hardy things can go in earlier. I live in the woods so no veggie garden for me.

Mary Christine 05-05-2015 08:09 PM

Congrats, JuneBillie! You did great!
We don't plant anything here until Memorial Day, although many have seedlings started inside in April. The weather has suddenly turned springlike, so I'm itching to plant something, but...
I'm leaving tomorrow for a week in Costa Rica! I'm so excited!

JuneBillie 05-05-2015 09:51 PM

Oh I know many were doing great, so ok I am excited that I did well.:) I was happy to lose some at all than to gain. Thanks all for the congrats. Congrats to all that did so well. If you stayed the same you did well. Those of you out traveling, that is always more difficult. Pat I hope you are feeling a little stronger and less pain each day.

Now I hope we all can do well this month of May too. :)

meanmom 05-06-2015 05:14 PM

I graduated from a walker to a cane yesterday. I am allowed to go for short walks now. Not sure how far I went yesterday but I went twice. Today I walked .4 mile. Not bad for 9 days after a total knee replacement. I went out to dinner with my sister and probably walked about the same distance to and from the car. Pain hasn' been bad at all. Most of my pain has been in my thigh muscle. The PT kinda laughs when I say that and says if you knew what they did to it in surgery you would know why. It is mostly just sore like i have worked out way too much. I have only taken Percocet 3 times since I left the hospital I think.
I am trying to eat as best I can to heal better. I have been doing a little bit of cooking because my DH idea of cooking is McDonald, Fried chicken and pizza.
Good luck to everyone.
Pat