Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Cat likes to Sew (harass me) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-cat-likes-sew-harass-me-t53547.html)

redkimba 07-10-2010 05:42 AM

I love the picture! My cat is not quite that much of a micromanager, but she does like to remind me that I do need to take frequent breaks from sewing/quilting/knitting so I can pet her instead....

SC 07-10-2010 08:36 AM

I have a small rat terrier, Minnie, the one in my avatar. (oops, the one that WAS in my avatar until Marsye made me replace it) Anyway, just let me sit down at my computer & she has to jump up & lay in my lap. Makes things a little awkward but I manage.

Linda - K. 07-10-2010 09:01 AM

That is too cute! When my cat (Miss Mocha) was alive she would sit like that on my computer moniter. If she was around today she wouldn't be able to do it as I have a thin, new moniter. Also, when I sewed she would walk in front of me between the machine and I would get her tail across my face!

littlehud 07-10-2010 09:07 AM

Oh my, I love that pic. Why do they do that? Mine won't leave me alone when I sew.

puck116 07-10-2010 01:17 PM

That is the cutest picture. Lucky for me my cat doesn't bother me when I'm quilting. Just lies right outside the door. But, when I'm on the computer or trying to read she will insert herself right on my lap and bump my hand until I pet her.

Teacup 07-10-2010 01:54 PM

LOVE the picture! My cats try to be right in the middle of everything also, especially one who is rather standoffish until I start to sew. Then she's right there wanting all my attention. Thanks for a great laugh today.

JustBonnie2 07-10-2010 03:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
LOVE the picture! How does he do the balancing act? That's so funny!

Here's some pics of my cat, Bailey, "helping" me sew, too. His favorite place to lay these days is ON my sewing table. He used to just come running when he heard the sewing machine start up. But now, he just lays on my sewing table ALL THE TIME - - just in case I might want to sew.

"Nap time! Hope you didn't want to sew today. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79160[/ATTACH]

"Can I watch you put that fabric thru the machine? Hey - you're tickling my nose!"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79161[/ATTACH]

"Thanks for putting these blocks on the floor for me! You're the greatest!"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79162[/ATTACH]

calicocat 07-10-2010 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I absolutely love this picture. My cat have never tried to lay on top of the machine, but she sure likes to lay behind it, around it and all over anything I am working on. The other one does the thing with the tail and the ruler. I alway promise to cut it off if she really wants but then she moves it. Thanks for sharing this. Had to have Hubby come look too.

reach for the stars 2 07-10-2010 04:18 PM

Too, funny!

2manyprojects 07-10-2010 05:32 PM

I have 3, they drive me crazy! Especially when they bite at the thread when I am sewing...and always know when I want to use the cutting table.