Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My DH trying to drink a Green Smoothie... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-dh-trying-drink-green-smoothie-t87212.html)

alaskasunshine 01-03-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by PamQuilts

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by PamQuilts
Don't give up. There are so many ways to make them taste good. Try adding a little Stevia. I love mine. I have one almost everyday! :)

YIPPIE :thumbup: :D :D :thumbup: You juice. Do yu drink the Dr Thruman smoothie too. I am determined to get healthier. A friend that had a son who went to Dr Burzynski's clinic in Houston Texas and they told his mom to juice too. Jason is doing excellent, tumor gone and no chemo or radiation. She said she had a lot of friends that had gone through chemo but wouldn't drink a smoothie like this. :? hmmmm. please let me know what you juice and if you follow any specific plan. You know you are one in a million!!!
thanks for the encouragement. P.S. I got out of the boat :thumbup:

Sent you a PM! :)

Got it :thumbup:

alaskasunshine 01-03-2011 09:08 PM

My DH has laughed and laughed at all the responces to his pittiful pix. Me too! Tonight he had a salad I had green smoothies and did just fine. He shakes his head at me :lol:

Gramof6 01-04-2011 12:45 AM

I don't think I blame your poor DH. LOL Anything green that I am supposed to drink, best be a Margarita. I love my Salad crunchy & ate with a fork. LOL

Annaquilts 01-04-2011 12:51 AM

Atleast his shirt and face match the color of the smoothie. Too funny!

Annaquilts 01-04-2011 12:53 AM

The recipe sounds good except for the oregano and papaya.

amma 01-04-2011 02:41 PM

ROFLMBO poor DH... Some juice recipes I have had to get ice cold, and then down them without breathing... They may be healthy, but some sure are NOT very tasty :roll:

alaskasunshine 01-04-2011 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
The recipe sounds good except for the oregano and papaya.

Hi Anna,
I hate papaya...ug barf But I love mango. You actually do not tast the fruit I think it is in there to disguise the greens taste. Just kidding he put fruit in for the nutritive value. The oregano I can't taste either. I did one smoothie w/ fresh oregano and one with powdered oregano, but with the mustard greens hmmmm I can't really taste anything else. I measure out 1 cup of the smoothie, put that in a blender with an entire apple core and all (not the stem) and some more water to thin it out and I sip it through a straw, give the ole vita-mix a whirl and it's ready for me to drink. Truely not bad at all. The apple really helps a lot.
Have a great day!
:thumbup: :D :shock:

Olivia's Grammy 01-04-2011 04:21 PM

I think I'll stick to the fruit smoothies. I love salads, but I want to chew not drink them. :lol:

QuiltMania 01-04-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
What in the world is in them that makes them taste so bad? Do you really need to do this? Seems there are better ways to stay healthy.

Here is the recipie I used,my DH said it tasted like his fresh mown lawn :lol:

Dr. Fuhrman’s Green Longevity Drink
Makes 4 cups

1 large head romaine lettuce
1 1/2 cups spinach
2 sprigs parsley
1 cup broccoli florets
2 leaves mustard greens or turnip greens
3 collard leaves
1/2 cup watercress
1/8 tsp. oregano
1/2 avocado
1 banana, peeled
3 large strawberries
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 papaya or mango
1 1/2 tsp. flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp. sunflower seeds
1 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds

1. Place 1/2 cup water into blender, adding ingredients, one by one, and blending until liquefied.

2. Pour 1 cup of Dr. Fuhrman’s Green Longevity Drink into glass, adding water and stirring until desired consistency is reached. Store remainder in an airtight container and refrigerate.

I don't want longevity that badly! Yuk!

alaskasunshine 01-19-2011 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltMania

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
What in the world is in them that makes them taste so bad? Do you really need to do this? Seems there are better ways to stay healthy.

Here is the recipie I used,my DH said it tasted like his fresh mown lawn :lol:

Dr. Fuhrman’s Green Longevity Drink
Makes 4 cups

1 large head romaine lettuce
1 1/2 cups spinach
2 sprigs parsley
1 cup broccoli florets
2 leaves mustard greens or turnip greens
3 collard leaves
1/2 cup watercress
1/8 tsp. oregano
1/2 avocado
1 banana, peeled
3 large strawberries
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 papaya or mango
1 1/2 tsp. flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp. sunflower seeds
1 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds

1. Place 1/2 cup water into blender, adding ingredients, one by one, and blending until liquefied.

2. Pour 1 cup of Dr. Fuhrman’s Green Longevity Drink into glass, adding water and stirring until desired consistency is reached. Store remainder in an airtight container and refrigerate.

I don't want longevity that badly! Yuk!

Honestly, it's really not that bad. I actually look forward to my green smoothie every morning!
I make all sorts of them now. The only constant thing I have daily is spinach, 1/2 apple,1/2 orange then I add all sorts of other greens. Without the vitamix blender it would be impossible to blend it all so smooth! For those of you that don't know I am a cancer survivor, so this is rather important and my DH is so supportive. :thumbup: