Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-name-dawn-i-am-addicted-fabric-t197009.html)

burchquilts 08-17-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5447859)
No way! This is a support group! We support your fabric addiction! :thumbup:

I'll take it a step further... not only do we SUPPORT your addiction, we ENCOURAGE it! Viva la fabric!

nitza 08-17-2012 05:17 PM

The first step is admiting you are powerless against fabric. Fabric keeps us out of the bars and off the streets. Lol

burchquilts 08-17-2012 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by nitza (Post 5447887)
The first step is admiting you are powerless against fabric. Fabric keeps us out of the bars and off the streets. Lol

My fabric "habit" only keeps me off the streets when I'm ordering it online. Otherwise, I tear those streets up, getting to a fabric store... LOL! And I admit it... I am powerless when it comes to reproduction fabric. Or batik. Or homespuns. Or...

Julie in NM 08-17-2012 06:25 PM

Best friend at work bought her first sewing machine and wants to learnt to quilt. Another one coming to the dark side!

QuiltnLady1 08-17-2012 06:40 PM

DH and I went out for lunch on his birthday -- there was a fabric store almost next door. Hmmmm... found a fabric line I had not seen and chatted with 2 enablers as we passed the bolts around so no one missed one fabric in the line. Wonder whose birthday it is.

burchquilts 08-17-2012 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM (Post 5447994)
Best friend at work bought her first sewing machine and wants to learnt to quilt. Another one coming to the dark side!

Y'know what they say... "Come to the dark side -- we have chocolate" except in this case, you need to add "& fabric" to that maxim!

burchquilts 08-17-2012 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 5448021)
DH and I went out for lunch on his birthday -- there was a fabric store almost next door. Hmmmm... found a fabric line I had not seen and chatted with 2 enablers as we passed the bolts around so no one missed one fabric in the line. Wonder whose birthday it is.

It's yours, silly! See... when you got married, you became one. Therefore you can celebrate on his BD, too... especially if said celebration involves yummy fabric!

tdgiffin 08-19-2012 07:11 AM

I am going to rationalize my fabric "collection" by saying that yesterday I sewed another one if my Little Dresses for Africa. I used a new pattern that allowed me to make a separate bodice and skirts. Thanks to me "collection", I was able to go through and pick out some really nice coordinating fabrics that some little girl will love! See? That addiction....er, collection...has its merits!

mountain deb 08-19-2012 07:58 PM

Do not talk to me. I am an enabler, hoarder and all around fabricholic. My mother is benefiting from the overflow, though. I am the pied piper of fabric. I find it at yard sales, thrift stores and at work (yes, other workers have brought it in to me). I can not seem to turn it away, not when the big bag of fabric is only 50cents and calling to me. Well, I did not get the other two, they were not quilty type fabric. My DM uses it for charity work and I am saving it up for retirement in a few years and using a lot of it now.