Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-name-dawn-i-am-addicted-fabric-t197009.html)

butterflies5518 08-10-2012 07:21 AM

Hi I'm Jo Ann and a fabric hoarder. I am packing my sewing room to move and what have I done - yep bought more fabric just so I could have something pretty to look at - I am addicted too.

burchquilts 08-11-2012 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5430978)
No, no! It wasn't like that! I only stopped there, for something for DH . . . (which I almost forgot) . . . and was just passing by the fabric department and there was this beautiful fabric, about to be discontinued . . . and if I didn't get it then, it'd be gone forever . . . and it was some I'd almost bought, several times before . . . and . . . and . . . it was crying out to me, I SWEAR!!! I HAD TO SAVE IT! I NEEDED - I mean IT needed ME! Yeah, that's it! That's what happened! Then there was another piece and I couldn't very well take one and not the other . . . and . . . then there was . . . .

yes :rolleyes:

Oh, I see. No, you're right... you COULDN'T leave that other fabric behind... it would be like leaving a buddy behind & that would never do! Plus it's feelings would be hurt. So I understand completely. Of course, my sudden understanding could (just maybe) have to do with the fact that I just got my own fix... I mean placed an order for the daily deal over at MO Star. I was afraid if my credit card cooled down too much, it might never start back up again. And that's my story & yes, I plan to stick to it!

Neesie 08-11-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5432633)
Oh, I see. No, you're right... you COULDN'T leave that other fabric behind... it would be like leaving a buddy behind & that would never do! Plus it's feelings would be hurt. So I understand completely. Of course, my sudden understanding could (just maybe) have to do with the fact that I just got my own fix... I mean placed an order for the daily deal over at MO Star. I was afraid if my credit card cooled down too much, it might never start back up again. And that's my story & yes, I plan to stick to it!

"Daily deal" over at MO Star? Oh, that sounds very important! You're right about the credit card cool-down. Many cards will expire, if you don't use them every so-often, so it's important to keep them active, in case of emergency. You were VERY wise, to keep it active.

Now, about that daily deal . . . may have to go check out what's going on, there. Just window-shopping, of course, as I haven't yet finished washing my last fix . . . I mean rescue.

burchquilts 08-12-2012 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5433269)
"Daily deal" over at MO Star? Oh, that sounds very important! You're right about the credit card cool-down. Many cards will expire, if you don't use them every so-often, so it's important to keep them active, in case of emergency. You were VERY wise, to keep it active.

Now, about that daily deal . . . may have to go check out what's going on, there. Just window-shopping, of course, as I haven't yet finished washing my last fix . . . I mean rescue.

I'm worried about one of my other credit cards going dead, too, so I may "help" it by buying today's deal, too. Hey... somebody has to do something to get this economy moving! It's my patriotic duty!

Neesie 08-12-2012 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5435162)
I'm worried about one of my other credit cards going dead, too, so I may "help" it by buying today's deal, too. Hey... somebody has to do something to get this economy moving! It's my patriotic duty!

You're saving fabric AND PEOPLE! My friend, I salute you! :thumbup:

chris_quilts 08-12-2012 10:30 AM

Is this also where we talk about our vintage machine collection and the thread collection or are those different groups? Just wanted to say, you are not alone with your collection of fabric.
Chris

tdgiffin 08-12-2012 02:12 PM

Chris, pull up a chair, and tell us all about your thread!

tdgiffin 08-12-2012 02:13 PM

Well, I was naughty again today. I came across some vintage, cotton dresses. I took one look at the charming cotton print, and that was all she wrote. I get my fix just about anywhere these days!

tdgiffin 08-12-2012 02:15 PM

Oh yes, fabric calls out to me for saving as well.

chris_quilts 08-12-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by tdgiffin (Post 5436277)
Chris, pull up a chair, and tell us all about your thread!

Do I start with my variegated collection or the solids? Smaller spools or large cones? Or do you all want to hear about my vintage thread collection in jars that I use as decorations? Just where does a girl start with the thread? Perhaps the latest obsession with Aurifil?