Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-name-dawn-i-am-addicted-fabric-t197009.html)

NikkiLu 08-08-2012 10:09 AM

Hi Dawn - join the crowd. I have over 200+ pieces of batiks on shelves that I cannot even get to - remodeling here - so what did I do yesterday??? Bought a really pretty 1 yard piece of red batik at Walmart and I have washed it twice - by hand with a little lukewarm water and a drop or two of liquid soap - and am now rinsing and rinsing and rinsing it - in my pure white dishpan - water is still pink - so have it soaking right now and will go back in there soon and rinse some more - must be CRAZY.

NanaCsews2 08-08-2012 10:38 AM

I am not a fabric hoarder. I don't 'hoard' it away when I purchase it, I wash some of it, then re-fold it my way and gently put it on an organized shelf with the rest of my purchases. Just because I have 1 1/2 shelves of neatly folded batiks, a shelf of purse fabrics, a shelf of landscape fabrics, a shelf of solids in every color imaginable, a shelf of Fusions in a huge amt of colors, a shelf of floral, a shelf of holiday, a shelf of children, a shelf of segregated colors in prints, and 3 decorative baskets of rolled fabric yardage doesn't make me a hoarder. I am a Collector. A collector of over 500 different fabrics in 2-4 yd lengths each. I hope to go through this hoard, er, I mean collection, in my lifetime. A Hoarder. Hmph....
Um, where is this meeting being held?

Neesie 08-08-2012 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 (Post 5426694)
I am not a fabric hoarder. I don't 'hoard' it away when I purchase it, I wash some of it, then re-fold it my way and gently put it on an organized shelf with the rest of my purchases. Just because I have 1 1/2 shelves of neatly folded batiks, a shelf of purse fabrics, a shelf of landscape fabrics, a shelf of solids in every color imaginable, a shelf of Fusions in a huge amt of colors, a shelf of floral, a shelf of holiday, a shelf of children, a shelf of segregated colors in prints, and 3 decorative baskets of rolled fabric yardage doesn't make me a hoarder. I am a Collector. A collector of over 500 different fabrics in 2-4 yd lengths each. I hope to go through this hoard, er, I mean collection, in my lifetime. A Hoarder. Hmph....
Um, where is this meeting being held?

Hmmmmmm. . . I think we should hold our meeting, in your stash . . . I mean, SEWING room. :thumbup:

sharin'Sharon 08-09-2012 05:22 AM

I can certainly relate. I have a room full of fabric, but my garden produce is keeping me in the kitchen and away from my sewing room.

gramquilter2 08-09-2012 05:41 AM

This is such a cute thread-and I to belong to the stash hoarders I try not to give out my name so no one can recognize me and slip my husband a message about the stash he thinks is for the quilt I am working on.

Caswews 08-09-2012 06:05 AM

LOL ...welcome to the board !! We are all fabric o holics here. We are all addicted and have a bucket list a mile long of ideas for material we want to complete. Wait then someone posts a new picture of a different material or way to do things.. gotta add that one and Oh yeah print the instructions to put in a 3 ring binder. Figure out what fabric I think I might like that in. Figure out when I have time to make it, put the material on a shelf with the binder on the same shelf as the other projects to do. Every free minute either sewing a quilt or a garment .. LOL

Caswews 08-09-2012 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5427264)
Hmmmmmm. . . I think we should hold our meeting, in your stash . . . I mean, SEWING room. :thumbup:

HAHAHA .. I agree .. when ? where ? coffee ?? do we bring our machines ? does she have enough room for all of us ? do we bring sleeping bags as well ? LOL so many questions .. LOL

SandScraps 08-09-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat (Post 5426644)
I just got back from a two store fabric shopping spree this morning, I was real good I just bought only six new fabrics.

Wow! Sorry you were in such a sad mood! Only two? You could lose your addict badge. Ha-ha-ha

Neesie 08-09-2012 06:41 AM

Hobby Lobby had some nice fabric marked down, which was being discontinued. Need I say more? :o

amandasgramma 08-09-2012 07:21 AM

I'm addicted, too -- however, I don't want a 12 step program................I don't want to be cured!!!! LOL