Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My town is so small.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-town-so-small-t103174.html)

grannyjan 02-27-2011 04:28 PM

Have family in Moscow, Kansas, they are very small towns

tdgiffin 02-27-2011 04:31 PM

I grew up small town, and loved most of the people there---so many friendly faces. Now I am used to city life, and if I get too far from a Starbucks, I panic!!

ptquilts 02-27-2011 05:01 PM

forgot to mention we have probably the only town in VT without a bed'n'breakfast, antique store, or other tourist attractions. And I love it that way!

Mickie612 02-27-2011 05:13 PM

Our little town is on the left as you go under the traffic light. the other side is rr tracks.

Jackie D 02-27-2011 05:19 PM

no stop light, no gas station, no school, no store, We do have a bait shop and a Post Office. Very small town.

RugosaB 02-27-2011 05:28 PM

I got married and moved a half mile down the road, and my dad grew up on the farm about 5 miles away, so I love this small town. But we do have a bank and we're down to one bar. The town is split down the middle by the line dividing 2 counties, but I have to tell you one thing.

About 5 years ago a family, knew the girl from high school, the guy won $100,00 from the lottery. Big news around here. Damn, if he didn't go in with 20 other peole and won again, his share was $20 million! He bought the ticket at the teeny tiny store next to his house.

I guess this town is so small we claim other peole's exciting events as our own.

I don't know why we have a bank, but it's been there since I was little, I'm 52.

I went to a department store once and a guy said "If you're not a (maiden name), you should be LOL We do kind of all look alike. I have 83 first cousins on my dad's side, and they started here and are well known here.

We're at the corner of the county, where it meets 2 others,so if the sheriiff comes this way patrolling, we're lucky. Which reminds me. This town is so small, that when a mother wants to teach a daughter a lesson, she tells the sheriff's office if there's anyone at this end of the county, could he help? He came, the daughter learned her lesson and hopefully when she's a doctor(she's trying for med school) she'll remember there were a lot of people who cared about her.
I'll stop now, the town's very small, but I like to write about it.

CarolLady 02-27-2011 05:36 PM

My little town has around 5 churches, a Casey's, a Dollar General Store (best thing that came to our town), post office, fire dept., city hall, a grocery store that is too high priced to go in. 3 eating places, 2 banks. elementary, middle and high school. Up until last year we didn't have a bar. Up until a couple of years ago we just had a red blinking light at the 4 way that goes through our town. Now it has the red, yellow and green. And it did take some getting use to. I love living in a small town. I live 8 miles from a college town with all the stores a body could imagine. Eight miles the other way and they have fast food places a few more grocery stores, still small town.

cheryl rearick 02-27-2011 06:42 PM

well my town may have about 300 people in it. we do rate a stop light.. probably because it's on a major road to vegas.

jitkaau 02-27-2011 06:49 PM

Central schools are quite common in Australia.

pab58 02-27-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
One gas/groc station 2 bars library and post office. That is the extent of our downtown.

Hold on just a doggone minute!!! You mean your town has TWO bars, but NO quilt shop!!!????:shock: :shock: That is just downright silly!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: