Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Name your phobia(s) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/name-your-phobia-s-t102230.html)

mochasue 02-24-2011 03:16 PM

getting alzheimers. My mother is in a nursing home right now with it at the age of 68. Her mother had it young also. I already have a memory problem from a brain injury in the year 2000. So this is more than a phobia!

quilter in the making 02-24-2011 03:31 PM

Um, let's see. Clowns, circuses, midgets, buttons, heights and spiders. Edited to add driving over a bridge.

nena 02-24-2011 03:38 PM

The only thing in my life I am afraid of is Caterpillers.. If one would ever get on me I am sure I would have a heart attack. One got on my leg when I was 8 mo. pregnant & I tried to flip it off, but it was going to stay forever. (about 3 in. long.) lol
I fainted an fell to the ground. My father in law caught me.
Now I can not even look at one. My husband would say
OH... look out for those killer caterpillers.

Katz13203 02-24-2011 03:51 PM

Rats and mice. Over and my mother's house the next door neighbors grass was thigh high. She had to call the county to come and cut it down. Anyway, on my mother's back porch was rat droppings where they tried to get in. (the house is shut up tight so nothing could ever enter) Anyway, I had a friend tell me how rats climb up walls so they can enter places. Since then everytime I hear a strange noise I get so nervous. Plus at least once a month I have bad dreams about them and end up screaming and waking myself up, drenched in sweat.
I was getting into my car and I saw a rat next door. Called my DH at work and told him and he told me that I was crazy. Next day I saw the dead rat in the road where someone ran over it. I told my DH "I told you so". Come to find out it was my neighbor's pet "white" rat.

craftymatt2 02-24-2011 03:59 PM

I do not like heights and I am claustraphobic. I used to not like spiders, but when my younger son lived at home, he like tarantulas, we had eight of them in the house at one time, he use to let them roam the house and climb on him, yes, it drove me crazy and I couldn't sleep for days. I was so glad when he finally moved out.

nevans-nona 02-24-2011 04:10 PM

Bridges over water. My parents said even when I little I used to scrunch up into a ball and hold my nose. I am not afraid of water, just bridges over water. I have had to pull over and park because of a panic attack because I did not hold my breath. I also have panic attacks if a large Fed Ex truch comes up in back of me. It was one of those that hit my son's work van and killed him.

nevans-nona 02-24-2011 04:11 PM

Bridges over water. My parents said even when I little I used to scrunch up into a ball and hold my nose. I am not afraid of water, just bridges over water. I have had to pull over and park because of a panic attack because I did not hold my breath.

nevans-nona 02-24-2011 04:11 PM

Bridges over water. My parents said even when I little I used to scrunch up into a ball and hold my nose. I am not afraid of water, just bridges over water. I have had to pull over and park because of a panic attack because I did not hold my breath.

bjnicholson 02-24-2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
snakes, snakes, snakes

Yes, yes, yes!!!! I can't even look a picture of one. Had a nightmare about a white cobra coming after me...I can't go on... :shock:

mcbride4362 02-24-2011 04:57 PM

I WOULD PASS OUT IF I HAD A SPIDER ON ME! I use to catch snakes for my son and am not afraid of rats, mice or anything else! But a spider will send me through the ceiling!