Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Name your phobia(s) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/name-your-phobia-s-t102230.html)

sandybuttons 02-24-2011 05:03 PM

small spaces, large groups of people, and things in the dark that I can't see but can hear

kaykuilts 02-24-2011 05:04 PM

I am afraid of big trucks on bridges. I have no problem with cars, but when I'm on a bridge with a dozen or so semi's loaded with who knows how much weight, I become very uncomfortable. I tell myself that these trucks are on these bridges all the time and the bridges don't cave in. It still doesn't help. I also don't like it when I'm stopped on a bridge. The bridges move. I've been told that that's a good thing, but it makes me afraid.

scrappylady 02-24-2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by tdgiffin
Snakesmand really deep water. I need to be near a place where I can touch the bottom rather quickly.

Snakes...and not being able to touch or see the bottom Can swim all day in a pool, but not in a lake or river. Maybe it's because snakes could/or do lurk there...

PATTIESPEARL 02-24-2011 05:39 PM

I am terrified of snakes! I found a small snake in my left shoe....with my foot in it! I thought I would die! my 18 year old granddaughter laughed, but it scared her too.

Momsmurf 02-24-2011 05:53 PM

I don't know if I have any...
but I do know what I don't like....but only if I don't see them first.

Certain spiders and definitely...roaches. I grew up in Hawaii and we have very big ones there! I have been known to do the "jump on the couch" trick upon seeing a roach on the floor near me...they move VERY fast! Ugh!

marthe brault-hunt 02-24-2011 06:04 PM

I,m scared riding with others. Since I stopped driving , I rather travel by bus or subway, even if I'm offered a lift.

sassey 02-24-2011 06:27 PM

I am afraid of all animals except for dogs that I know Afraid of crowds and a big fear of getting lost

Karyn 02-24-2011 06:35 PM

Lets see, snakes, mice, can climb on a ladder but only 2 steps. Roller coasters, I rode the Loch Ness monster at Busch Gardens in Va and I promised God if he just let me live to get off that I would never ride another one.
The clown in IT also freaked me out!
I don't like water in my face, when I'm in the shower and put my face in, I am constantly blowing out so as to not take any water in.
I used to be deathly afraid on needles, then had to go on insulin-3 shots a day- had to turn that over to God. No problem with that now.
I don't like being away from home at night.
Like to sit with my back to a wall in a restaurant, I was robbed at gun point once and have to see what is going on all around me now.
Thats a lot of baggage, but all in all I feel pretty normal.

moggie 02-24-2011 06:36 PM

well my phobia is bush fires....as having been through a very huge one & lost everything.....now I just can't buy something like a knick knack etc - as the fear of going through another bush fire & then loosing again.....haunts me & would you believe it - if I went through another, then my only plan is all my materials, sewing notions patterns etc...plus I have everything on hand at the moment I would have to evacute

laalaaquilter 02-24-2011 06:42 PM

heights and spiders