Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   need your imput please... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-your-imput-please-t228886.html)

Jingle 08-27-2013 02:04 PM

I Have window 7 and some of the old stuff has to use XP.

Prism99 08-27-2013 04:34 PM

I have Windows 8. Hated it at first. It took time to get used to it, plus my dh had to figure some things out. If at all possible, get Windows 7. Windows 8 is not worth the hassle, and it will be obsolete soon anyway.

ube quilting 08-27-2013 05:16 PM

Go to the computer store and ask to see it i n action from turning it on to seeing it work, not just the getting started part.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-27-2013 05:59 PM

windows 8 is going to be the next windows Vista. Remember Vista? Pretty much everyone hated it and they had to come up with a million fixes and then a new version.

sewnsewer2 08-27-2013 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6259269)
windows 8 is going to be the next windows Vista. Remember Vista? Pretty much everyone hated it and they had to come up with a million fixes and then a new version.

I have vista now and I didn't have any problems adjusting from XP to it. I definately will look into windows 7 tho!!

Quiltaddict 08-27-2013 06:38 PM

Hate Windows 8, I am going back to Windows 7.

sandy l 08-28-2013 02:56 AM

We have Windows 8, and that has to be one of the WORST things we've ever done. Even tho we've had it for a couple of months, we are still thinking about having Windows 7 put back. First week was sheer hell. Took me 2 1/2 days to find my online banking, and that was only after being on the phone for a couple of hours with the Geek Boys. Won't even try to tell you about all the other problems. So if you have a choice, stick with Windows 7.

Sharbank 08-28-2013 03:56 AM

We got a new laptop about 6 months ago with Windows 8. It is too nerve wracking to use. Hubs is installing Windows 7 onto it today. Sometimes, progress for the software designers is not user friendly for the everyday leisurely computer user.

sparkys_mom 08-28-2013 04:04 AM

I got my fill of Windows several years ago. This post is being written on a MAC! I will never go back!!!!!

mermaid 08-28-2013 04:26 AM

Mac is a good system, but has it's problems also...many software programs won't work with it---for instance my embroidery software! I'm so accustomed to XP, that I will give up computers if I have to go to "8"...after all I've heard and read about it (plus, don't think my software works on that either!)
However, that said, Microsoft has announced they will no longer support XP after April, 2014. I spoke with my computer tech about taking my XP computers off line and using them only for embroidery. Asked, "Won't that work?" He replied, "Hmm. Interesting". Well, wouldn't that work? No need for updates or concern about viruses? Maybe I will also stop buying designs also, to insure it all works. Really, it is so frustrating that they keep changing programs on us just to make another buck. I'm one of those that believes they could have done the necessary improvements to XP, and just sold the updates we need or want. Oh my, my dander is up!!!