Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   need your imput please... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-your-imput-please-t228886.html)

jitkaau 08-28-2013 04:31 AM

I prefer an android operating system to the others. It is just like using a big phone and is user friendly. The only downside is that
Jellybean ( the new update operating system) doesn't support flash player. Ice Cream Sandwich does.

KimmerB 08-28-2013 05:13 AM

I just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 8, I was putting off buying one as I kept hearing all the comments of how hard it was to learn but I have not had many problem with learning it. My last desktop had Windows XP and was slow. I am very glad I bought it and I love the touch screen!!!! You can make it look like the Windows desktop you are use to if you want it is part of Windows 8 or you can download a free app that sets it up like your old computer.

jackiemc 08-28-2013 05:15 AM

I have Windows 8 and I don't like it. Had Windows 7 before would go back to it. But before all this Windows stuff I had a Mac. Loved it. I wanted to save money so I went with a Windows. Oh Me.

rjwilder 08-28-2013 07:23 AM

I have Windows 8, I love it. At first I was ready to toss it in the garbage. I purchased the book Windows 8 for Dummies and was able to set up my desktop just like Windows 7. All of my software works on it, including my embroidery software. All of my external back up drives work with it as well as my printer. If your printer doesn't work with win8 it isn't win8, it's your printer. It is probably old, you need to go to the website of the manufacture of your printer and download an updated driver for the printer. Then it should work, you may have to do that with some software also.

shasta5718 08-28-2013 07:28 AM

I bought a computer with windows 8 and it is the worst program ever invented. I am finally learning to use a few things, but I wouldn't buy it ever again. If there is another one with the older windows program I would get that.

Lori S 08-28-2013 07:42 AM

I made the jump from XP to Windows 8 and office 2013 all at once.. unless you get a touch screen on you computer( that's what Windows 8 was created for) it can be a challenge. I finally got there .. and the is a function to make it look like what we saw on XP .

themeemama 08-28-2013 09:54 AM

I had to call our computer repairman this week. When I mentioned I was about ready for a new computer, his reply was, "Stay away from Windows 8!!!!!!!!!"

bearisgray 08-28-2013 10:04 AM

Why oh why oh why do these entities release these things before they work properly?

Icandothat 08-28-2013 11:04 AM

I have Windows 8 and haven't had too big of a learning curve. It is the way of the future and has some excellent features. Love the touch screen....although I don't like the finger prints.
If I am getting a computer, I want the latest options. That is why I chose Windows 8.
Follow the tutorials and you will become familiar with the differences. Good luck.

Girlfriend 08-28-2013 02:39 PM

Love my mac, will never go back.

I switched several years ago when the trojans and viruses took down my computer, and the software to run the cleanup slowed it down way too much.

If you can afford it, go for a mac.