Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Netflix movies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/netflix-movies-t286440.html)

wbfrog 02-28-2017 06:51 AM

I have netflix and love it and the movie your looking for is on DVD, I just made a search you can add DVD to your profile not sure how much more it will cost.

institches33 02-28-2017 07:05 AM

Are you sure it wasn't "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo"? Great movie!

mopec 02-28-2017 07:52 AM

May I make a movie suggestion? I have watched "Woman in Gold" twice recently. World War II era flashback/modern era. A true story of Nazi Germany/an Austrian Jewish family/a surviving daughter who escaped to America. Sad but so good. Netflix

catsden 02-28-2017 07:58 AM

I have Netflix also (dropped dish) I go online to a sight called Just Watch and it tells which movies are added to different streaming places such as netflix, hulu etc. I also went online and googled netflix movies. Went thru and wrote down the ones I wanted to watch. Also did the tv shows.

Walter'sMom 02-28-2017 09:20 AM

We found that there was a girl on the train movie on Netflix, it was an old one and not the one put out recently based on the book. This was a couple of months ago so probably it is gone now. We were fooled by that too!

Purl 02-28-2017 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7773976)
Ok..had Netflix for free month, watched Longmire, now reign, decided to keep it......but now I wanted to watch a movie-Sunday, because oscars just not my thing and all else was repeats. So went movies..I know I saw it listed last month - girl on the train - but now GONE!!!! Went to the help center via my iPad...that was no help...nothing applied to my question....and some things I just did not understand! So I am asking here, my buddies who have this service....how does one really search the Netflix site thoroughly...I could only see maybe a dozen movies! Electronic life is getting way to complicated...maybe I should just order the book from my library!

Hi Geri-
Have you tried ordering the movie from your library? I just ordered one from mine a couple of minutes ago. Anything to avoid tangling with the "Electronic Life"!!!

nanzonie 02-28-2017 01:41 PM

I discontinued the streaming of Netflix because, as you said, movies were too old. I signed up for the DVD plan and they have all the newer movies, even the ones that were on the academy award show. For only $7.99 a month you can watch several movies.

kuntryquilter 02-28-2017 01:54 PM

I have Netflix on my computer & TV. Much cheaper than going to the Theater ($11 per month) and I make my own popcorn, for just pennies.

Geri B 03-01-2017 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Purl (Post 7774518)
Hi Geri-
Have you tried ordering the movie from your library? I just ordered one from mine a couple of minutes ago. Anything to avoid tangling with the "Electronic Life"!!!

I have ordered movies from the library before, but unfortunately,many times they are not in the best condition...i.e., skips....but I may try that.

Geri B 03-01-2017 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by nanzonie (Post 7774671)
I discontinued the streaming of Netflix because, as you said, movies were too old. I signed up for the DVD plan and they have all the newer movies, even the ones that were on the academy award show. For only $7.99 a month you can watch several movies.

that may be a bette alternative......I'm going to check it out