Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New member of the family!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-member-family-t38788.html)

Fiber Artist 03-09-2010 10:26 AM

She is a beauty.We have a white,choc.,and black labs they are great with kids.When Kadee wouldn't eat we took her in and they found cancer.They told us she had 2 weeks to live,that was July 30,2009 she eats her people food every day and sits on our laps for about an hour each day.Then our white lab wouldn't eat he also has cancer.I got a collie puppy for mothers day 2009,he is also the greatest with kids.

zz-pd 03-10-2010 01:04 AM

she is so cute, but she had a big change, give her time and lots of love. Penny

angelwatcher 03-10-2010 06:29 PM

She's a beauty!! If you think she may be stressed, there is a fairly new product called "Rescue Remedy for Animals" by Bach remedies. You'll find it at most health food stores. You just put some drops in her water, it calms them. I've been using the Rescue Remedy for people, for many years. I even used it on my animals whenever I had to take them to the vet. My girlfriend just moved with three elderly cats in the car and after she had put some drops in their water before the road trip and they drank, they were very calm. I met someone who gives it to her horse. www.rescueremedy.com for more info

adriansmom 03-10-2010 06:45 PM

Thanks for all the comments!! Lacey is doing pretty well for the most part. I think she is felling better about things. Tonight my son came and tattled on Lacey. He was so upset because she was eating the cat's food! He's standing in the kitchen yelling..."Mommy!! Look what Lacey is doing! That's for the cats!! You're a dog!" I just had to laugh. I told him it was ok, at least she is eating something on her own. DH and I were talking about getting another lab since our neighborhood has all kinds except for chocolate. Our neighbors across from us and behind us both have yellow labs, and the neighbors behind us also have a black lab (supposedly he is a lab, but he looks more like a clydesdale horse to me! LOL. We figured now we just need a choc lab and we would be set. I didn't know there were white labs....don't think dh would go for 3 dogs though!! Saw a beautiful choc lab puppy but they wanted $350.00 for her. I don't think so. Hopefully this weekend I can get some better pics of her. It's going to be in the 40's, so we will be trying to find the least muddiest place to play.

Toto's Mom 03-10-2010 06:55 PM

Ohhh, Lacey is a doll! I am so glad she has found a good home with you. It may have just taken her a bit to feel like she was where she was going to stay.
My Toto eats the cats food, too, if nobody is looking, and they leave any. Lacey may have thought she was just visiting, and didn't want to be rude.
You said she hadn't been spayed, yet, and part of her lack of appetite may be partly attributable to hormones, combined with the changes in her life.
Give her a big old hug for me.