Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New TV season (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-tv-season-t270343.html)

Geri B 09-25-2015 04:41 AM

Watched NCIS....not sure what's wrong there, but it misses the beat.....watched SCANDAL, which I was really engrossed in last year....the background music was loud and annoying!!!!!!!! Why suddenly do all the drama programs have this weird, original music in the background....so distracting......wait, do I hear music while I'm doing this? NOT!

Roberta 09-25-2015 05:11 AM

We're patiently awaiting the return of Better Call Saul. I think that is the best series in ages with characters from Breaking Bad appearing and telling how they got to the Breaking Bad stage of life.

nancyw 09-25-2015 05:11 AM

MY DH thinks Gibbs is planning to retire at the end of this season.

tapper 09-25-2015 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7327263)
Watched NCIS....not sure what's wrong there, but it misses the beat.....

I agree. There was something 'off' about it...can't say what it was.

I do hope Ducky continues as an integral part of the show.....always liked the epis where the storyline centered on him.
David McCallum turned 82 a few days ago...can you believe that!

ro 09-25-2015 05:39 AM

I don't care how many tv channels ya have, there's still nothing to watch on tv. I'd like to know what happened to all the quilting shows. i.e. fons & porter, Eleanor burns?

callen 09-25-2015 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7326751)
Aw, if Gibbs retires he needs to take the blond with the black eyebrows with him. I want Zeva back anyway.

I too, wish Zeva would come back but I don't think there's any chance of that. I just can't get a feel for Bishop, she just doesn't seem to fit, at least for me. NCIS New Orleans is okay but it is my least favorite of the 3 series. I really like NCIS Los Angeles & I love Heddy. I too am getting tired of the story line for callen. Maybe these writers are running out of ideas. Must be difficult to come up with exciting eipsodes each & every week. I do LOVE Scandal though & have been hooked from the very beginning.

JanieH 09-25-2015 07:48 AM

I watched NCIS and loved it. Gibbs had just been through quite and ordeal - getting shot point blank by a boy he thought he was saving. And Gibbs loves children so much. Going through the trauma of the surgery and the therapy for his knee, all this combined should have an effect on him. I think that as the season progresses we will see Gibbs returning more to his "Boss" ways but with a tempering, allowing him to show more depth and emotions.

And I like Bishop - it would have been almost impossible to cast another Ziva or Kate type. I think the producers were wise to go against character and cast someone totally different. And I have noticed that she is getting feistier than when she first came on board. Remember when she rebelled against the score Gibbs gave her on a testing situation? She just wants to be her own person.

I also watched Heroes Return. I did not watch the original and so can't compare it but I found the pilot to be very long and drawn out. Maybe the future shows will move faster - I know the pilot had to set up the different characters and factions so will stay with it for several more episodes to see how it progresses.

I have Blindspot on my dvr. Haven't watched it yet but hope to get to it this weekend.

mojo11 09-25-2015 12:02 PM

Aw, if Gibbs retires he needs to take the blond with the black eyebrows with him. I want Zeva back anyway.

I'm with you. Not much humor anymore without Zeva.

oh munner 09-25-2015 01:46 PM

My husband and I both thought the first episode of NCIS had a bit to be desired. Of course everyone knew Gibbs would survive, but the opener kind of stunk. We both also agree about that blond, whatever her name is, her acting, certainly didn't get any better as time went on, did it? We were REALLY hoping that she'd be gone this year, but no such luck!!! She and the woman on NCIS New Orleans just don't fit in. Neither one of them could act their way out of a paper bag.

Slow2Sew 09-25-2015 07:22 PM

I keep wondering if Gibbs' "team" will discover at some point that Bishop's husband is a secret spy, like the storyline in Blacklist (think that is the name of the show w/James Spader). Surely her character will bring something more interesting to the show.