Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New TV season (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-tv-season-t270343.html)

Sew Freak 09-26-2015 03:44 AM

don't like Bishop and I can't stand Jon Cryer!

sandybeach 09-26-2015 08:56 AM

Did not like Heroes at all. Jumped all over the place and I don't like subtitles. NCIS was boring. Curious to see how Limitless continues. Lost interest in NCIS - Los Angeles a long time ago. Would like to see CSI - Cyber again. Agree that Castle was ODD. We still don't really know what happened to Castle when he was gone for those months, and now Becket is acting odd.

tapper 09-26-2015 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by sandybeach (Post 7328474)
Curious to see how Limitless continues.

I watched that last night. At the beginning, I was overwhelmed with the technology...too much movement on the screen.
I continued to watch and really got into the show as it progressede. Will watch another epi to see how it goes.

tapper 09-26-2015 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Sew Freak (Post 7328197)
don't like Bishop and I can't stand Jon Cryer!

I agree!!:thumbdown:

linkd 09-26-2015 01:59 PM

I actually thought Jon Cryer brought something new to the story and the potential interplay. What makes it odd is that I don't like Jon Cryer (or maybe just the characters he has played). My husband thinks that they need to add the Coast Guard Investigative services and base it in San Francisco Bay Area. I think the traffic is bad enough here allready

tapper 09-26-2015 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by linkd (Post 7328647)
I don't like Jon Cryer (or maybe just the characters he has played).

Now that you mention it, I think that's why I feel negative about him....I think it's the characters that he has played that make me feel that way.

wendiq 09-26-2015 03:19 PM

I am finding that most of the TV shows keep me interested for several seasons and then they just get old....the writers seem to no longer have new ideas. Not sure how this could be changed.....but yes, I am sick and tired of most of the old story lines and when the original cast gets changed, it changes the whole personality of the show.....NCIS in point!! And if Gibbs retires, then the show will need to be retired! IMHO!!!!!

alagal 09-27-2015 07:03 AM

I agree about the quilting shows - at least you don't have music that's so loud you can't hear what they're saying!

slbram17 09-27-2015 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by regm (Post 7326354)
Most tv series I like start out great for a couple of years and then they get sort of tired. Used to lie Nashville, Big Brother, Dancing with the stars and then it's like, "why am I wasting my time like this?"

Dancing with the stars just keeps getting weirder. But I have tried to watch so far.

slbram17 09-27-2015 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by wendiq (Post 7328704)
I am finding that most of the TV shows keep me interested for several seasons and then they just get old....the writers seem to no longer have new ideas. Not sure how this could be changed.....but yes, I am sick and tired of most of the old story lines and when the original cast gets changed, it changes the whole personality of the show.....NCIS in point!! And if Gibbs retires, then the show will need to be retired! IMHO!!!!!

There are a couple of shows I watch in syndication, over and over. And I keep enjoying them. I like to watch Bones in syndication for example. But would forget to watch the new Bones? I think this might be their last year so I hope I am better about watching.