Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   November weight loss 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/november-weight-loss-2015-a-t271679.html)

meanmom 11-03-2015 12:58 PM

Leann are you eating enough protein? I find protein keeps me full longer. I eat a lot of boiled eggs for snacks. I am a little bit sore from spinning but should be ok for class tomorrow.
I have been having major computer issues. I took it in for repairs on Sunday. I think it is dead. The cost of repair is pretty high. I'm not sure the computer is worth repairing. Now to talk DH into a new computer. He just recently got a Chromebook. He barely uses a computer so he doesn't get why I need a better one. I really want another Apple computer.

Jan in FL 11-04-2015 02:46 AM

Okay, let's see if I can restart my diet, my focus, my motivation. How can I have such little will power during the day when I want to be so much thinner? I'm in again!

Podunk Princess 11-04-2015 04:43 AM

Jan, I've been asking myself that same question. I'm hoping that this group will help keep me more focused on my goal.

Pam H 11-04-2015 02:26 PM

I might find some willpower after talking to my doctor in a couple of weeks about my high triglycerides. It has actually helped a little just from the phone call from the nurse yesterday. The overload of sugar in my diet is the culprit, I'm sure.

Leann 11-04-2015 07:09 PM

Pat, yes, I love hard boiled eggs. They give a great protein punch but I'm most impressed that it staves my hunger for hours. I've started putting a chopped egg on my salad. When I have the patience to make egg salad, I love to roll it in a lettuce wrap.

I made a batch of fudge to take to DS today and didn't even lick the spoon!

Pam H 11-04-2015 08:16 PM

Talk about hard boiled eggs.....I saw a diabetic diet on pinterest. My niece who is a nurse pinned it. It had 1 week of menus. There were 25 hard boiled eggs! There was also a lot of grapefruit....maybe a dozen. I hope no one has to stay on that diet for more than a week!

Leann 11-05-2015 05:12 PM

Pam, I don't think I could do that many hard boiled eggs in a week. I am working for a lifestyle change, something sustainable for years; something I can identify where adjustments need to be made without it turning my life inside out. Of course, this means I'll always have to be on alert for everything I eat and how much. Maintenance is hard work.

I'd best get used to it.

Annaquilts 11-05-2015 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Leann (Post 7367562)
Pam, I don't think I could do that many hard boiled eggs in a week. I am working for a lifestyle change, something sustainable for years; something I can identify where adjustments need to be made without it turning my life inside out. Of course, this means I'll always have to be on alert for everything I eat and how much. Maintenance is hard work.

I'd best get used to it.

Yes this! I can eat everything on my diet but some of it in only tiny quantities. Now to be good and not over eat.
It is hard.

Jim's Gem 11-06-2015 08:51 AM

Just checking in. I am currently working on 15 Christmas quilts for my local NICU. My Bernina is in the shop and I have done all my piecing on my old PFAFF Hoping I get my Bernina back to quilt these little buggers.
I have been trying really hard to eat well. I can say that I did not consume one single piece of Halloween candy. I have been sitting around the same weight for months. So far I am down 3 lbs since the first. But my weight goes up and down 4 lbs consistently.
I started therapy for my foot issues on Wednesday I go again today. Because of the pain in my foot I have been over compensating for it for a long time and it is causing real problems with the opposite knee and hip. I can't be on my feet much at all. My therapist wants me to use my cane again but ...... It really slows me down. I don't like using it so have not been. We'll see what he says today.

meanmom 11-08-2015 06:47 AM

I am late posting. Computer issues. I kept thinking I would get a PM from more people of their loss for October. I guess I am the winner with a loss of 6 pounds for October.
Hopefully buying a new computer today. I am taking a landscape quilt class today and plan to go get a computer afterwards.