Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   November weight loss 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/november-weight-loss-2015-a-t271679.html)

Leann 11-08-2015 08:01 AM

Yay meanmom! Congratulations on a great job! Enjoy your pretty fabrics!

Good luck with your computer.

Annaquilts 11-08-2015 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 7369823)
I am late posting. Computer issues. I kept thinking I would get a PM from more people of their loss for October. I guess I am the winner with a loss of 6 pounds for October.
Hopefully buying a new computer today. I am taking a landscape quilt class today and plan to go get a computer afterwards.

That brings a smile to my face. A big congrats meanmom! I am so glad you won.

Jim's Gem 11-08-2015 04:11 PM

Congratulations Meanmom! on your loss

meanmom 11-08-2015 05:09 PM

Thanks everyone. I really didn't think it was enough to win. I also thought I would kill my whole loss with the Halloween candy I ate.
I bought new computer today. A Mac air. I am still in the process of setting it up but I am using it right now. It is so nice. I need to figure out some things on it still and still need to figure out how to get a few things off of my old one. I didn't really need a new printer but could get a better one than I had for $29 so I got that too. I just took it out of the box a few minutes ago. I guess I will need to download Adobe etc.
I need to head to the basement to spray baste a quilt. I really wanted to have it finished by Tuesday night for my guild meeting. One of the officers challenges for this year was to make a snowman project Mine is a whole quilt. Something that I have had the supplies for several years. I will have to post a picture when it is finished.
Good luck everyone. This is the hardest time of the year. It seems everything for the next 2 months involves tons of food.

Annaquilts 11-10-2015 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 7370444)
Good luck everyone. This is the hardest time of the year. It seems everything for the next 2 months involves tons of food.

Indeed and I feel like I could eat everything. Why does cold weather make you so hungry?

Annaquilts 11-11-2015 09:58 AM

And apparently I did eat everything. I am fuming. Two pounds up today. Why does it only go down by .4 lbs and it takes many days but I gain it back by the 2 lbs? Something is not fair here.

Podunk Princess 11-11-2015 02:00 PM

Rainy day today and on the road for most of it. That meant eating on the run so not a good day for weight loss. Hoping to eat a very light dinner tonight and get back on track tomorrow. Cold weather means hot food for me and that usually means extra carbs which I can't tolerate in large quantities.

Still pre-cutting fabric/projects for retreat that starts late next week. Can't wait to get away for a few days and do nothing but sew and have fun.

Leann 11-11-2015 02:01 PM

Anna, I am the same way - is that why there are 'comfort' foods to warm us up? When I'm hungry, all foods fall in the 'comfort' category. You have done so well this year, don't lose heart.

Irishrose2 11-12-2015 09:47 AM

It's too late to join this month, but I need to come back here. I send in my FQ, I lose weight, I don't need to join, then I gain it back. I think you all must be my maintenance plan.

Today is the first day of my 'new' eating plan. Regular meals, low carb, here I come.

I finished my Jelly Roll Race for the bazaar and it didn't sell. Lots of compliments, but no cash. It's hard to know what shoppers want.http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t271905.html

meanmom 11-13-2015 03:51 PM

The Jelly Roll race quilt is very pretty. It is so hard to know what is going to sell at a bazaar. I went to a craft show on Saturday with my mom. I didn't have to worry about spending too much money as there wasn't anything that I wanted to buy. The only thing I bought was a lunch box for my SIL for Christmas.
I am taking a landscape wall hanging class. She has some interesting ideas and techniques. She is an artist not a seamstress. She hand sews everything. She puts all kinds of interesting things on her quilts. I will find ways to NOT hand-sew. I will try to post pictures when I finish. It is 3 classes. I have never figured out how to post pictures on my iPhone. Now I will have to figure out how to get the pictures from my phone onto my new computer.