Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   October Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/october-weight-loss-challenge-t254453.html)

PenniF 10-09-2014 06:50 PM

Wow Pam...close call - glad everyone is Ok...sorry about your car tho.

meganc731 10-09-2014 08:20 PM

Glad the car is still drivable, that is a relief at least. I was just in my first accident, got rear ended. I felt like it was going to be really bad but there was zero damage to my car and zero to hers. I was a little sore the next day but I got into the chiropractor right away so I feel fine now. How are you all feeling?

Pam H 10-09-2014 08:43 PM

We are all doing fine. My mom (86) and my brother (69) were with me. I was only going about 30 and I hit the brakes when I saw the deer so we didn't hit it very hard but it's incredible how much damage was done to the car. I'm curious what the estimate will be. The good thing is that my deductible is only $50.
Good to hear you didn't have any damage megan and that your injuries weren't very serious.

CindyA 10-10-2014 02:29 AM

Bonnie Hunter fans? I think I saw some Bonnie fans on this thread. She's released the fabric requirements for this year's mystery!!! Check out her blog.

Glad everyone is ok, Pam. I've hit deer before. Also, when my son was about 2 yrs old my mom was bringing him home to me, had just dropped him off, and on the way back to her house hit a deer. A couple of the windows shattered and glass landed all in his car seat. Close call!

bjsmith57 10-10-2014 02:34 PM

Just checking in - hope everyone has a great weekend.

meanmom 10-10-2014 03:25 PM

The teacher in the room where I am started with a rash right after we found the bed bugs. YUK! She was sure she had them and was furious. The rash didn't look look bed bugs. Rash got really bad. She went to the dr today. She said she guesses she is crazy because she was thrilled that she is having an allergic reaction to her flu shot. Her rash is a mess but glad it isn't bugs because I work a lot closer to the kid than she does.
I got a phone call about my sewing machine yesterday. They wanted to know if I wanted them to repair it or not.. It needs some parts. I told them to go ahead. They aren't sure if it will work or not. If this doesn't fix it the machine is probably dead. It is an expensive machine. I think it is 8 or 10 years old. Just don't have the money for a new machine right now. I am using a 30 year old Viking that has lots of problems. (I keep it as a backup) If I sew fast the stitches get really small. No needle down feature etc. The motor is dying etc. A friend has a machine for sale, I am hoping to catch up with her in Sunday.
My guild is having a sew in tomorrow. I guess I am taking the old machine. We are making a big star quilt. I think it is Jenny Doan pattern. I have all of my fabric cut. I am working on my sample for a class I am teaching in Nov. Hexagon shuffle.
We are having a potluck tomorrow. I am sure there will be tons of yummy food. I need to figure out what I am making and pack up my supplies.
Pat

JuneBillie 10-10-2014 10:10 PM

Pete I also have fibro and sjogren's and lupus. I understand the no energy thing. Just stopping to say hi! I use to be on this thread last year.

Good luck everyone!

Jim's Gem 10-14-2014 09:24 PM

Did my FQ's arrive yet? I hope so.

I am trying a new plan. It is called The Daniel Plan. Basically, eat like your great great grandparents did. Get rid of all the processed stuff. Eat lots of Veggies and some fruits but cut out any white flour, white rice etc. Hopefully this will give me some results. I need to lose over 100 lbs.

PenniF 10-15-2014 05:39 AM

That rings a bell Gayle.....seems like i remember a friend years ago being on what she called a "caveman" diet. I googled it - and it's out there...haven't read it all but sounds like the same kind of back to basics. Gonna investigate some more.

Pam H 10-15-2014 01:30 PM

Gayle, I'm going to do the Daniel Plan too. I missed our first meeting on monday. I don't have a clue yet what it is about. I guess I was thinking it was more of a bible study.
My quilt retreat ended this afternoon. Boy, did we have good food! I spent the whole retreat working on my I-spy quilt. It is all pieced. Just needs trimmed and a border. It will probably be put on hold until after Christmas. There's no deadline on this one since it will stay at Gramma's house.
I'm going for a walk in a bit with a friend/neighbor. It's a gorgeous day here and the leaves are breathtaking.