Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   OMG! Gas prices! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/omg-gas-prices-t102570.html)

marthe brault-hunt 02-26-2011 06:21 AM

I've been using public transportation for the last 6 years. It costs me $i.07 one way. i didn't like driving in the city, I'm happy I took this decision. I do commiserate with you, because driving is so expensive with maintenance, gas, licence plates, insurance, parking fees and that zealous policeman that gives you a ticket plus depreciation. Everyone thought I was a fool at the time but these days I've having a big grin on my face. I can appreciate the difference I used to live in a suburb with no public transportation. For the people interested in alternative ways check at your library for Mother'sEarth magazine.

mommafank 02-26-2011 06:58 AM

I no longer work as I am retred but when I did I would have loved to have some sort of transportation to take to work. I could have read or just relaxed instead of fighting the traffic in frustration.

Dee 02-26-2011 09:51 PM

When you are retired and no raise to even compete with the expenses, too bad we don't have voice to say what we feel. I know were all concerned, as our kids and grandchildre will never realize the American dream. My heart goes out to everyone.

hornbygirl 02-27-2011 11:32 AM

3.51 here in corning new york area. They said by summer it will be 5.00$. I quess they are gonna keep there word.. Not sure how people will do it. I am very lucky I drive a school bus and I park it at home so I dont have to drive to work. I know I am very lucky. I feel for all the ones that make minuim wage. How will they do it? I try to only go to town once a week and do everything I can in one day that I need to. Towns about 7 miles away.

cinnya 02-27-2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I do apologize if my post sounded angry. Angry I am not. I just don't like my toes being stomped on when I am feeling the pinch & have been & will cont. to cut corners. It is nobody's business what I drive, because nobody pays for it or the gas to go in it, but me. We should all support each other during these hard times. Not post that we wish something like the price of gas to go to $10 a gallon!!! That would make it impossible for some to have money for food, meds, or anything else. Much less have money to sew with. I do not wish for any of you to suffer more. And common sense is that the higher gas costs us, the higher everything else will cost us. That is going to really & truly hurt a great deal of people. And that hurts me. We all need to give a lot of thought as to how we are going to handle this in our personal lives. Each household is different. I care about you all. I do. And I just wanted to let you all know that while I am not angry, I do apologize if I came across as that. I am very concerned about this Country. I will def. hush on this now. Take Care all of you & may God Bless you all. HUGE HUGS

:thumbup: :thumbup: Hugs to you, we are all in this together.