Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pet Peeve on TV (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pet-peeve-tv-t176658.html)

Nanamoms 01-23-2012 08:52 AM

Pet Peeve on TV

Ok, I just realized I have a Pet Peeve when watching my favorite shows on TV. Why is it that all the female characters are wearing such low cut tops that you can see more cleavage than on a Playboy Bunny?????? I am watching CSI: Miami and the blonde girl is wearing a t top and bent over to dust an object for fingerprints. The top was already revealing and this just added more "exposure". I'm no prude but I truly have never seen as much "skin" on TV as in the last year. And there's no reason for it that I can tell!!!!

And I won't even get started on the young people these days!!

PS: I also noticed that they show very few "men" with skin showing....LOL

Rylandon3 01-23-2012 09:26 AM

You hit the nail on the head...Do real CSI cops dress that way?

TnBecky 01-23-2012 09:38 AM

You are soooo right. I hardly ever watch tv anymore. To much junk. If I can find an Andy Griffith marathon I'm real happy, know them all by heart. LOL. I do love the old shows from growing up. :D

Have you seen the "Tide" commercial with the young married couple folding clothes for there babies. At the end of the commercial she tells him that he "sucks" at folding. Please don't make me have to explain to a child what that means. They could have chosen any other word but that. I have noticed that if I see it during the day now they have cut that out, but not at night. TV is bad enough but now the sponsors too. Give me a break. :eek:

Charlee 01-23-2012 10:02 AM

The female cooks/chefs on the Food Network too...I'm amazed that they haven't fallen out and burned some rather personal body parts!

BMP 01-23-2012 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4902671)
The female cooks/chefs on the Food Network too...I'm amazed that they haven't fallen out and burned some rather personal body parts!

I know who you mean and I wont even watch her....!!!

Peckish 01-23-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by BMP (Post 4902700)
I know who you mean and I wont even watch her....!!!

X 2!!!! I change the channel when the dang commercial for her show comes on!!!! I feel nothing but revulsion...

Sadiemae 01-23-2012 10:19 AM

It isn't just the low cut tops, what about the language allowed, hopping from one bed to another, feminine products and male enhancement commercials??? I am not a prude either, but I am not impressed by any of these changes.

quilter824 01-23-2012 10:20 AM

and now the car commercial that says its" badass" just what little ears will pick up on and use then get in trouble for doing so

nycquilter 01-23-2012 10:21 AM

or how the portrayed law enforcement agents are dumb or bumbling with one notable exception? Or how they can devote hours and hours of time to one case? or how the DNA results are immediately returned? or how the commercials get really loud? Or how the female officers, such as on CSI all wear and can run in heels? over uneven ground? yeah, right. Or how they find the exact one hair that leads to successful resolution of the case?

OK, Laurie, back off.... I could go on!

Twisted Quilter 01-23-2012 10:25 AM

I was watching a program last week and was wondering the same thing! I just chalked it up to getting older. :o