Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pets-t155166.html)

Zhillslady 09-23-2011 07:03 AM

Cat:

Breed is munchkin. She is a silver tabby weighing in at about 4.5 pounds and 18 years old. She's my baby. People keep thinking she's a fat kitten. Her legs and feet are size of your thumb. She is too cute. Her name is Itty Bitty.

rwillig 09-23-2011 07:04 AM

4 Dogs, 1 cat, and 2 horses. 2 german Shepherds, Nikki and Nola three years old and Nikki is still stealing my shoes. Molly 14, Sassy 9, both my late beloved mother in laws dogs. These two really know how to beg! None of them have been in any competition, we quit that when our son came along and we ended up going to football and karate all the time! Bob, our only cat, is a bengal cat mix, whose mother showed up at our home pregnant, we found homes for all but kept Bob as we have always had a cat, but momma was destroying every knick knack I had, due to an ability to jump up on a two inch ledge and stay there!Bob can too, but we built a house with open beams and she spends her time up there! Two appaloosas, Charley and Star, absolute gentlemen most of the time.Hoses are not allowed in the house.lol Everyone else lives in here with us! Love them all!

annthreecats 09-23-2011 07:06 AM

I have two bengal cats. Brother and sister from the same litter. Taffy Morgana is a brown spotted tabby girl and Merlin is a tri-colored marbled male. They are so cute and soft. They are 6 1/2 years old.

I have one dachshund doggie, Wolfgang. He is a chocolate/tan dapple and is so handsome. He is 3 years old.

My menagerie keeps me busy.

butterflies5518 09-23-2011 07:11 AM

dog - Cocker Spaniel 13 years old, Casey Sue

SparkMonkey 09-23-2011 07:13 AM

We have 2:

Fiance's Corgi. She's 12 1/2, red and white, very high herding drive. Is maybe a little spoiled (maybe a lot spoiled). Technically she's geriatric for a Corgi but you wouldn't know it from looking at her. She's very lovable and affectionate but I don't think I'd call her "sweet." She's definitely got the herding-dog-knows-best mentality.

My cat. Age undetermined; she was an adult when I got her, so she's got to be at least ten years old, but could well be older. She doesn't do much so I can't say she's slowed down. Can't really slow down from "stop." ;) She's shorthaired, solid white, on the small side (only 9 pounds) and has 3 1/2 legs and allergies. She doesn't really harrass you for attention, but she is a cuddler. She likes to snuggle up beside you, unless it's cold, then she wants your lap. She's easily trusted around breakables, crafts, and unattended food, but she claws the crap out of the door trim.

Cat and Corgi do not get along. At all. Thankfully they don't often physically get into it, but we have to break up noisy squabbles every evening when we get home and both pets want attention.

labug 09-23-2011 07:15 AM

I dog named speedy and one cat name lexus

wvdek 09-23-2011 07:17 AM

I have three dogs: Laddie, collie, 11 yo+, blind, in/out, and my sweetie.
Kaden, GS mix, 5 yo+, in/out, lives for the ball.
Sebastian, Great Pyr, 10 yo+, guardian livestock and a big teddy bear who loves to roll in cow paddies.

My daughter has BB, Shletie mix, 10 yo+, 13 cats - 6 in and 7 out each with a different personality. As to the inside cats, I do have three favs: Colonel, Mr. Tubbs, and Bella.
Pete a Boer goat, neutered, about 225 lbs. and a bunch of chickens and one guinea hen.

Thank God I don't have to care for the cats - I would go broke. They cost more to feed and for litter than all my other critters.

All the dogs were rescued from the shelter where I once worked as were 9 of the cats and the goat from a negligent situation.

Deborah12687 09-23-2011 07:28 AM

My cat Misty is a indoor cat and she rules the roost! My avitar is a picture of her when she was little. Her breed is a french shartru and she weighs in at 25 pounds and that is typical for this cat breed. They are good hunters and will kill mice and rats in a sec. Were ever I am she is right behind me or sitting on my lap.

bj 09-23-2011 07:33 AM

2 dogs...our dog, Jack, is a boxer. Grandson's dog, Wicket, is a Schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle).

prairiequeen 09-23-2011 07:39 AM

Ruby a red heeler.Just lost a golden retreiver 2 weeks ago but am going to get another soon.Miss her so much.