Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pictures of my "furbabies" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pictures-my-%22furbabies%22-t39172.html)

Chele 03-10-2010 05:08 PM

I'm not a huge cat fan, but I'm touched! What cuties. The faces! Awww... Thanks for fostering and finding them good homes. Every domesticated animal should have a loving family that spoils them. I've always believed these animals give back even more than they receive.

sunkistmi 03-10-2010 05:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are a couple of pictures of the little quilts that go in the cages and then go home with the kitty when they are adopted. Camille decided to model with it, I think she wants one too. The last is a picture of the little quilt I made for the young girl who adopted Sandi.
Wendy B

kitty quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4172[/ATTACH]

Camille, now almost 1 year old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4173[/ATTACH]

Quilt made for Sandi's new owner, a young girl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4526[/ATTACH]

yourstrulyquilts 03-10-2010 05:15 PM

How big are the quilts?

sunkistmi 03-10-2010 05:18 PM

Camille is a foster failure because I adopted her. She never got into the system because she never left my house once she got here. She's not really a failure, but a very sweet, sweet kitty. It's just that someone else missed out on her because I kept her. Thus she was a 'foster failure'. If I hadn't already kept Camille, Sandi would definately be here now. DH just could not come to grips with 4 cats although it would have been fine with me. What's one more? DS said that if anything every happened to DH (heaven forbid) that I would be a cat lady. I told him it was one of the nicest compliments I had ever gotten.
The little quilts are 13"x19" because they fit well into the cages at that size w/o ending up in the water or food dishes. We have blankies that are always in the cages for them but did not have enough to give to them when they went to their new homes. I had read that it helps relieve some of their stress in the new situation if they have something with their smell on it. Thanks for asking.
Wendy B

Moonpi 03-10-2010 05:37 PM

I remember my little foundling at that size- you are doing such good forr the furry ones!

littlehud 03-10-2010 06:24 PM

I just love cats and your pictures are so cute. Nearly all my cats and dogs have come from shelters and they are all wonderful.

canmitch1971 03-10-2010 07:07 PM

I wish I could get good homes for all the little orphan kitties and puppies.

Lilaciris 03-10-2010 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Camille is a foster failure because I adopted her. She never got into the system because she never left my house once she got here. She's not really a failure, but a very sweet, sweet kitty. It's just that someone else missed out on her because I kept her. Thus she was a 'foster failure'. If I hadn't already kept Camille, Sandi would definately be here now. DH just could not come to grips with 4 cats although it would have been fine with me. What's one more? DS said that if anything every happened to DH (heaven forbid) that I would be a cat lady. I told him it was one of the nicest compliments I had ever gotten.
The little quilts are 13"x19" because they fit well into the cages at that size w/o ending up in the water or food dishes. We have blankies that are always in the cages for them but did not have enough to give to them when they went to their new homes. I had read that it helps relieve some of their stress in the new situation if they have something with their smell on it. Thanks for asking.
Wendy B

I see that you live in Livonia. I'm in Clinton Township. I would like to make a small quilt or two(he-he) for your cause.

PM me with some info, if you don't mind.

zz-pd 03-10-2010 09:03 PM

They are so precious, and so are you for doing what you are doing. Thank you for sharing. Penny

bodie358 03-10-2010 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
I'm in Michigan. There are lots of unwanted kitties in Oregon I'm sure.
Wendy B

Unfortunately, there are a lot of unwanted kittens everywhere. :(