Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pictures of my "furbabies" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pictures-my-%22furbabies%22-t39172.html)

sunkistmi 03-10-2010 04:30 PM

8 Attachment(s)
As I have shared on another thread, I work with the Michigan Animal Rescue League as a volunteer and foster mom. I thought I would share some of the pictures of my 'babies'. All have been adopted into their forever homes. I had 25 kittens and 10 cats that I fostered between the beginning of May and the middle of December last year. I've already had 4 older ones this year and am waiting for the kitten season to begin. I'm making little quilts to put in the cages so when they are adopted, they can take something home with their smell on it to ease the transition. Last year, MARL adopted over 250 cats/kittens from our Luv-A-Pet center. My goal is to have a quilt/blankie for each one this year. I think I've lost my mind but I'll give it a good try. Many thanks to all who have helped me out with fabric, scraps, batting, good wishes and prayers. I could not do it by myself. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
Until they all have homes,
Wendy B

Caramel, her brother, liked to suck his toe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4169[/ATTACH]

This was the 'M' litter; all names started w/an M, in their favorite spot on my legs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4170[/ATTACH]

Luv-A-Pet Center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4300[/ATTACH]

4 little bottle babies, I got them @ 2 days old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4301[/ATTACH]

Tigger
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4302[/ATTACH]

Sandi before her eyes opened
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4455[/ATTACH]

She's a little older here. She was 2 1/2 wks younger than her 'brothers'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4456[/ATTACH]

This is Camille, my foster failure, She lives w/Emily & Cinder now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4457[/ATTACH]

yourstrulyquilts 03-10-2010 04:32 PM

Soooo darling!! I want a kitty so much. Where are you located?

sunkistmi 03-10-2010 04:34 PM

I'm in Michigan. There are lots of unwanted kitties in Oregon I'm sure.
Wendy B

Chasing Hawk 03-10-2010 04:35 PM

We would love to have another kitty, but Kola has us on a one cat limit. And she says she is the limit..lol

yourstrulyquilts 03-10-2010 04:36 PM

I'm sure. After I asked that silly question I saw where you were from. I really want a kitty. I need to find a rescue shelter close by.

Marjpf 03-10-2010 04:45 PM

Wow - I have to hand it to you - I could never let go of a single one! They are all too cute. I really admire people who can do what you do.

thequilterslink 03-10-2010 04:48 PM

oh they are all so darling, love cats, we have way too many ourselves and have had them all fixed. I applaud you loudly for what you are doing. Please Pm me so i can see what i can do to help you.

sunkistmi 03-10-2010 04:53 PM

It has been awhile since I have looked at the pictures and I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. Good tears because I know they all have good home but I miss them. They will all be my babies forever. There are so many more but will stop now, I've got to get going on all those little quilts. Thank you for letting me share them with everyone. If one person thinks about adopting from a shelter because of them, I will be thrilled. There are abandoned kitties in every part of this country looking for their forever homes and it has goten much worse with this economy. Take care and thanks again.
Until they all have homes,
Wendy B

Lisanne 03-10-2010 05:00 PM

Ohh, that Sandi has my heart!

Why did you call Camille your foster failure? She looks so sweet.

yourstrulyquilts 03-10-2010 05:03 PM

I would like to help you too, How big do you make the quilts?