Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Planning any home projects ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/planning-any-home-projects-t262768.html)

tlpa 03-18-2015 10:30 AM

I have ripped out carpet in 2 rooms on the main floor, with one more room to go. I think I am going to re-sand and re-finish. The floors look pretty damaged though, so I'm going to have to do some research as to if it is even possible. Yeah spring!!

neece 03-18-2015 11:12 AM

I am still plodding along in my old family room. My new longarm is the centerpiece of my new STUDIO. I have almost everything finished but cannot live with it yet. I still have to finish so it feels like a studio and not a family room. I know I am being toooooo picky but it isn't where I can live in it:D

Vat 03-18-2015 11:14 AM

Just today purchased the granite for new counter tops and tile back splash for the kitchen, master bath, and small bath. been planning (talking about) for quite some time. Finally took the plunge, pretty costly but the first dates we have done in about 12 years. Needing to paint also, maybe really soon.

Stitchnripper 03-18-2015 11:49 AM

We just had the living room, dining room and hallway painted an entirely different color. I had been using the dining room for all my machines and this was the opportunity to reorganize. The room is back to being a dining room again although we rarely use. I'm sure I'll be back in there but I will enjoy the new color.

Doggramma 03-18-2015 12:38 PM

We just finished a big remodel in the basement, so no more inside right now. Outside, my husband is planning to nuke a lot of the backyard. We don't have any grass, just boulders and paths. We used to have a lot of flowers with mulch, but it's totally overgrown with weeds. It needs to be re-started back there.

Sandygirl 03-18-2015 03:12 PM

Wow! Our homes are always in need of updates and re-do, aren't they?
Sandy

Jannie 03-18-2015 08:46 PM

Ours have been an ongoing project for about a year now. Started with painting the living room, entryway and hall. Then the drapes needed replacing. Wanted the hardwood floors in the bedrooms refinished. While every thing was out of the bedrooms, we painted. All interior doors needed replacing, and then of course, the casings and baseboards needed updating. Just had the carpet replaced in living room today. The bathrooms and kitchen were done a few years ago. The house looks great and except for hanging some pictures up I am done on the inside. Next on the list -- hopefully later his summer -- replacing the driveway and a section of sidewalk that the tree root is raising. Would like some cement done in the backyard also, but need to get dh on the same track. Anxious to have every thing done so we can enjoy our home for a change.

IrishgalfromNJ 03-19-2015 05:13 AM

I'm always organizing and doing little fixes around the house. I fixed the slider mechanism on one of my kitchen drawers last night so I can use it again and I have to replace the shower head in the master bathroom. Then it will on to the garden for raking, lawn maintenance, and flower installation.

Bubbie 03-19-2015 05:53 AM

Have started to split up my Daylilies (got them about 4 years ago for free - recycled from a 1920's home), I now have over 40 plantings (need to cover large flower beds). Will also finish laying down red cinder, in place of bark dust (have 3 dogs so I end up with as much bark dust in the house as out, so starting this year NO MORE). That's why all other projects have to wait for the yard first. Will also lay down a gravel walkway part of the way down the side of the house and then across the back (NO MORE mud on dog feet in the house). Happy projects to you all.

Sandygirl 03-19-2015 06:01 AM

Yep, soon we can work on the lawns and clean up after winter debris. Cant wait to work on my small flower garden too!
sandy