Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   PLEASE PLEASE READ!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/please-please-read-t162551.html)

3incollege 10-23-2011 06:19 AM

sorry for your loss, i can't imagine going threw this. I will be sure to check all my cords.

Patty Patches 10-23-2011 06:30 AM

I;m so sorry for your loss,but I ;m glad to know that you and your family are okay.Will be checking things around the house today.THANK YOU for thinking to warn us.

Glassquilt 10-23-2011 06:34 AM

So sorry for your lose. Had a housefire. I know how upsetting it is. Hugs

SueSew 10-23-2011 06:44 AM

So sorry this happened to you, That must have been frightening. What a terrible experience and just when the weather here is taking the corner into November cold. I hope you have somewhere warm to be while the repairs are done on your house. Please don't beat yourself up about the extension cord. It could be that either it or one of the cords attached to it was faulty, or even the wall socket it was plugged into was not grounded properly.

valleyquiltermo 10-23-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Oh my....soooo Sorry to hear about your loss...but so thankful that you, your family AND the hamster are ok. Thanks for the heads up. I will be checking my cords through the house now too.

I will also keep a good thought about dealing with your insuruance company. Let me know when you are ready, and I will help you restock your stash ! I am very serious. I have so much, and would love nothing more than to share some with a fellow QB member that may need some. I can even send it now if you are ready. PM me when you are ready and what you may like, and I will send you a box.

Wishing you the best, and glad you and family are safe!
Pegg

Ditto here I'm willing to share with you, just pm me and I'll also send you a box or 2.

:thumbup:

luvTooQuilt 10-23-2011 06:49 AM

Oh My!! IM sooo sorry this happened to you.. Thank god everyone is safe....

I too will replace the cords... thanks for the warning..

Jennifer22206 10-23-2011 06:51 AM

I'm so so sorry that this happened to you. When you're ready (or feel up to it) PM me your address and I'll send some fabric your way to help re-plenish your stash.

What kinds of gifts did you lose? I know I have some UFO's that I could send.

NauDeeGal 10-23-2011 06:58 AM

I am so sorry that you had a fire caused by a cheap extension cord. Thank you for warning us also. I will double check and get rid of any if I still have any of them around here.

hannajo 10-23-2011 07:32 AM

I'm so sorry for your fire and loss of those things. I am, however, thankful that no people or animals were hurt. Thank God you were home and awake when it happened.

I've heard it said before to not use those cheap extension cords, but now I really know how dangerous they can be. Keep safe, everyone!

kacklebird 10-23-2011 08:35 AM

Oh no, that's just terrible. I'm sorry you've lost all of your things too. ughhh Thanks so much for sharing the info as I'm going to ditch my one cheapo cord that I use for my Christmas tree.