Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Positive Feedback (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/positive-feedback-t228521.html)

Neesie 08-22-2013 11:06 AM

Positive Feedback

When we get lousy service from a company or company's employee, most of us don't hesitate complain. However, how many of us think to write a note of praise, about the GOOD service? Way too often, we just take it for granted and say nothing.

If you're happy with the way a store's employee has gone out of his/her way to help you, please take a minute to contact the store's main office (online) and write a quick note of praise, for that person (make sure you give the person's name and the location of the store). That note will most likely be forwarded to the appropriate store's manager and the helpful employee. It's so easy, to brighten up a person's day! :)

Chasing Hawk 08-22-2013 11:10 AM

We do this all the time. We did this recently and received a $25.00 gift card.

quiltstringz 08-22-2013 12:07 PM

I agree - I do try to do that as often as I can.

omacookie 08-22-2013 12:15 PM

Thank you for the tip. I have 30 plus years retail and thank goodness I received more compliments then complaints. Hugs

Elise1 08-22-2013 01:38 PM

Target has post cards by the register to compliment an employee. I told my favorite cashier that I filled out a card about her. She said they are used in their reviews and may contribute to a raise. You can imagine, I get even better service from her now.

Every single one of us likes a compliment. It's a great way to make someones day. :thumbup:

Stitchnripper 08-22-2013 01:48 PM

I absolutely do this on a regular basis. Most recently with an airline gate agent at our local airport who went above and beyond for me.

Neesie 08-22-2013 02:22 PM

It's a shame there isn't some way, to file complaints against some of our fellow-customers. At Hobby Lobby's fabric counter, there's a bell. One "ding" is all it takes. "Dinging" that bell ten or twelve times will not turn the saleslady into a magical being, who can instantly stop what she's doing (which is often helping another customer, in another department) and suddenly appear at the counter. I usually tell that person, the saleslady is tending more than one department and will appear as soon as she can . . . but I usually just get a blank stare, in return. :shock: Those rude customers are soooo obviously not quilters! ;)

nanacc 08-22-2013 10:42 PM

I have even apologized to a checker for rude person ahead of me in line! I have stopped the manager in Wally a few times to let him know how much I appreciated the service of a checker! We all need some encouragement and praise once in a while. It seems like some people believe that if you work for a living, you are beneath them. I have all the respect in the world for those people who work in the public and are able to take the hard work and the abuse some dish out! If we could all have a little more respect for others, it would be a better world!

citruscountyquilter 08-23-2013 04:29 AM

I have asked to speak to the store manager numerous times about the wonderful service one of their employees gave me. It is always interesting to watch their body language change as they brace themselves for what they think is going to be a negative tirade which turns out to be a positive happy moment. Everyone needs some positive moments.

Kimcatlou 08-23-2013 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6249363)
When we get lousy service from a company or company's employee, most of us don't hesitate complain. However, how many of us think to write a note of praise, about the GOOD service? Way too often, we just take it for granted and say nothing.

If you're happy with the way a store's employee has gone out of his/her way to help you, please take a minute to contact the store's main office (online) and write a quick note of praise, for that person (make sure you give the person's name and the location of the store). That note will most likely be forwarded to the appropriate store's manager and the helpful employee. It's so easy, to brighten up a person's day! :)

As a retired teacher, My 2 cents worth is ---Please tell teachers when you see them doing a good job, especially for your child! Parent complaints are too frequent; compliments too seldom!